Classic Video Thread (pre-2008)

Jess

A few more clip sets:

Los Angeles, May 1994: KCBS, KNBC, KTLA & KTTV

[MEDIA=vimeo]246898911[/MEDIA]

KTRK, March 20, 1992, Final Segment + Long Close

[MEDIA=vimeo]246899001[/MEDIA]

NBC Nightside, May 22/23, 1992 (15 minutes)

[MEDIA=vimeo]246899212[/MEDIA]

Miscellaneous 1994:

KXAS, KXII, KTUL, KSNF, KODE, KSPR, KTVI, WGRZ, CHCH, CFPL, Canada Tonight, CITY, & CKCO.

[MEDIA=vimeo]246899789[/MEDIA]

Jim

• Like 5

A few more clip sets:

Los Angeles, May 1994: KCBS, KNBC, KTLA & KTTV

[MEDIA=vimeo]246898911[/MEDIA]

KTRK, March 20, 1992, Final Segment + Long Close

[MEDIA=vimeo]246899001[/MEDIA]

NBC Nightside, May 22/23, 1992 (15 minutes)

[MEDIA=vimeo]246899212[/MEDIA]

Miscellaneous 1994:

KXAS, KXII, KTUL, KSNF, KODE, KSPR, KTVI, WGRZ, CHCH, CFPL, Canada Tonight, CITY, & CKCO.

[MEDIA=vimeo]246899789[/MEDIA]

Jim

I enjoyed KTVI's 2 News Team since its the 2 News Team package and I wonder how Lisa (LaFlamme) would react to the CKCO video now that she's a part of the CTV National News.

I also enjoyed the L.A. news clips as well, especially the KCBS ones since those are still rare in my book.

• Like 4

Finishing up my Southwest Trip from May 1994:

Las Vegas: KVBC, KVVU, KLAS & KTNV

[MEDIA=vimeo]247064360[/MEDIA]

Los Angeles: KCBS, KNBC, KTLA, KABC, KCAL, KCOP, KCET & KVEA

[MEDIA=vimeo]247064579[/MEDIA]

Arizona & Utah: KUTV, KVOA, KSL, KGUN, KPNX, and the infamous KKTM! (also KUSK's Northern Arizona Scene open...)

(you can ignore the partial KCBS open - I don't want to reupload an edited version...)

[MEDIA=vimeo]247065654[/MEDIA]

• Like 7

Las Vegas: KVBC, KVVU, KLAS & KTNV

[MEDIA=vimeo]247064360[/MEDIA]

Los Angeles: KCBS, KNBC, KTLA, KABC, KCAL, KCOP, KCET & KVEA

[MEDIA=vimeo]247064579[/MEDIA]

Arizona & Utah: KUTV, KVOA, KSL, KGUN, KPNX, and the infamous KKTM!

(you can ignore the partial KCBS open - I don't want to reupload an edited version...)

Still no KTVX, eh? I wonder why that station is missing lots compared to Channel 2 and Channel 5? Did many people not watch KTVX’s News at the time? Same goes for KOLD, too.

Also that KTNV morning open features a young Cecily Tynan pre-WPVI!

• Like 1

[sNIP]

Arizona & Utah: KUTV, KVOA, KSL, KGUN, KPNX, and the infamous KKTM! (also KUSK's Northern Arizona Scene open...)

Should I be horrified that the KKTM open is...actually not quite as bad as I expected from the music? The graphics are actually pretty on par with KNAZ at the time. (which may not be saying much, but still...)

• Like 2

An All the News close...in 1994! Only at KSNF...

And... HOLY CAKE IT'S THE FABLED CHRIS CRANE KTVI PACK!

Which includes a borderline knockoff of WSVN's graphics package of the same time period. BTW, when did KTVI launch a 6:00 p.m. newscast? In the close of the first clip, Tom O'Neal noted that, in 1994, the station only ran its weekday evening newscasts at 5:00 and 10:00 p.m. (Ironically, the same timeslots that KDNL aired its evening newscasts from c. 1996? until its news department folded in 2001, as it did under the KSDK news share and now does for The Allman Report.)

• Like 1

Which includes a borderline knockoff of WSVN's graphics package of the same time period. BTW, when did KTVI launch a 6:00 p.m. newscast? In the close of the first clip, Tom O'Neal noted that, in 1994, the station only ran its weekday evening newscasts at 5:00 and 10:00 p.m. (Ironically, the same timeslots that KDNL aired its evening newscasts from c. 1996? until its news department folded in 2001, as it did under the KSDK news share and now does for The Allman Report.)

This was a Saturday evening newscast, so they could have had a 6pm weekday newscast at this time... ("Tomorrow" would have been Sunday).

Jim

• Like 1

From the "20 Years Ago Today" file (and yesterday, since I forgot to link those...)

WDTN (Dayton, OH) December 13, 1997 11:00pm

[MEDIA=vimeo]241106800[/MEDIA]

WHIO (Dayton) December 13, 1997 11:00pm

[MEDIA=vimeo]241107184[/MEDIA]

WKJG (Fort Wayne) December 14, 1997 11:00pm

[MEDIA=vimeo]240943111[/MEDIA]

WPTA (Fort Wayne) December 14, 1997 11:00pm

[MEDIA=vimeo]240943473[/MEDIA]

• Like 1