Classic Video Thread (pre-2008)

Jess

With ctmikect's channel going down, it's nice to have a KPNX open from this era again on YT. (Kirkpatrick's addition is a bit of a patch job though...)

What I really want to see is the 1992 10pm open that the NMSA has. I've never seen video of it.

It's not on YT, but this is a 1994 KNXV story. Yes, 1994. The only KNXV footage I've ever seen from between launching news and hooking up with ABC:

http://www.abc15.com/news/crime/old-time-crime-parents-ditch-murdered-children-in-phoenix-sewer-in-1994

• Like 5

Now to make folks (somewhat) happy... Here's what Raymie is looking for - I apologize for the low resolution, but the larger format is an AVI file that I need to find the Codec for - it just shows up as "green lines" on the screen, and my video editing software just gives me a black screen...

Cue the Deathstar...

Live from KPNX, Channel 12 - Your choice for Real Life, Real News in the 90s - Kent Dana, Jineane Ford, Bill Austin weather, and Bill Denney's Sports - 12 News Tonight

[MEDIA=vimeo]234605673[/MEDIA]

Then...

I'll take your wolf's howl and eagle screech and raise you a retiree's "Thwack" of a golf ball at 6am!

[MEDIA=vimeo]234605978[/MEDIA]

Enjoy!

Jim

• Like 4

I believe it's a MJPEG codec - but can't remember the capture card manufacturer... Hopefully I'll find the original tape or the full-resolution digitized version soon... The DVD drive on this machine has been working overtime. I've copied from DVD or CD to a hard drive over 839 newscast files and counting (note: some early hour-long newscasts are split into to, as that's all that would fit on a CD at the time...). I may have to upgrade my Vimeo account if I want to upload everything... (That's my eventual goal...)

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think Jeanine Ford was the 10pm co-anchor before Kirkpatrick took over the 10pm. And Jim, what kind of codec you looking for, I'll find it and send you the link and it's a free download.

I thought Patty Kirkpatrick had gone over to KTVK/3 at this time. I have a Channel 3 Promo that goes (to the Can-Can song):

It's Cameron Harper, Cater Lee at 5 o'clock on TV3.

Patty teams with Heidi now, 6pm, Holy Cow.

Cameron's back and so is Heidi, 10pm Monday through Friday.

Only on Newschannel 3, Arizona's Family.

Now to make folks (somewhat) happy... Here's what Raymie is looking for - I apologize for the low resolution, but the larger format is an AVI file that I need to find the Codec for - it just shows up as "green lines" on the screen, and my video editing software just gives me a black screen...

YES! THERE WE GO! A very, very WCCO-inspired open (which is kind of what I expected). I've been waiting, what, 4 1/2 years for this? It obviously debuted sometime between February and April...

That KSAZ open should say 1994, not 1993, by the way...

I thought Patty Kirkpatrick had gone over to KTVK/3 at this time. I have a Channel 3 Promo that goes (to the Can-Can song):

It's Cameron Harper, Cater Lee at 5 o'clock on TV3.

Patty teams with Heidi now, 6pm, Holy Cow.

Cameron's back and so is Heidi, 10pm Monday through Friday.

Only on Newschannel 3, Arizona's Family.

Oh gosh, ctmikect had it. It was classic KTVK. It's also now seared into my head.

YES! THERE WE GO! A very, very WCCO-inspired open (which is kind of what I expected). I've been waiting, what, 4 1/2 years for this? It obviously debuted sometime between February and April...

That KSAZ open should say 1994, not 1993, by the way...

Oh gosh, ctmikect had it. It was classic KTVK. It's also now seared into my head.

I'm guessing that ctmikect was someone I traded with a while back, as that was on one of my original "mix tapes" of newscast opens and promos... I think I have the entire KPNX newscast on VHS - hopefully it's already digitized.

I've fixed the KSAZ open date...

To say goodnight to everyone - remember to "Team Up with NewsChannel 3!"

[MEDIA=vimeo]234610612[/MEDIA]

(and if I find anything new from Phoenix, it will have to wait until next week, as I've hit my weekly quota on Vimeo...)

And back to our regularly scheduled newscasts from the 90s...

Jim

• Like 5