Classic Video Thread (pre-2008)

Jess

A KSWT promo from 2003-05. Note the Television by Design package similar to what then-sister KDBC had:

I had a feeling they'd used that pack, given the logo (which survived a fair bit longer). The real surprise for me is the music - FUEL, an early Groove Worx package originating from the little Wichita station that could, KCTU.

Anyone recognize this image song?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=id=Ds2JQJjZJRQ;t=52

Possibly a local production? Melody doesn't ring any bells, and the production sounds just a little too kitschy for something from the big names.

Meanwhile, it seems KVOA really didn't get the memo that News Series 2000 was long in the tooth. If this date is correct, and a little bit of Googling suggests it is, it actually did make it to 2000 (!). EDIT: Mr. NMSA says that this is actually NS2K+, and that this was his reminder to move the audio around.

Edited from C.M. Sloan's original post, a clip from then-ABC (now Fox) affiliate WVUE's 6 PM newscast. Recorded June 7, 1994.

Again from CM Sloan, the complete WWL-TV Eyewitness News Nightwatch from June 7, 1994.

Also from CM Sloan, the first 7 minutes of WDSU's 10 PM news from June 7, 1994. Taken from an overnight rebroadcast.

• Like 4

Tail end of a WLKY open I've never seen before... 1997

Speaking of WLKY, I have been searching for a newscast during their Gannett era. The closest I could find was this vintage clip from former anchor Liz Everman's Facebook. It's from August 1980, but they haven't implemented the new Gannett colors yet.

• Like 5

Two more - I'm getting stuff uploaded to Vimeo as quickly as I can, until I hit my weekly limit...

WMAQ Chicago, August 1, 1994, 6:00 pm. Storms were rumbling through Chicago and something went awry in the WMAQ control room, resulting in "Non-Stop News, Weather and Sports" - no commercials (though they were able to get 1 commercial to run before "Married with Children" started). (I was stuck under the bleachers at Wrigley that night...)

[MEDIA=vimeo]231321853[/MEDIA]

WTTA Tampa/St. Petersburg, March 23, 2006, 10pm. This aired about 1 week before Sinclair pulled the plug on News Central. WTTA had just hired Wendy Brockman from Denver (KWGN), when everything was shut down.

[MEDIA=vimeo]231321388[/MEDIA]

• Like 1

4 More...

WBBM (Chicago, IL) August 1, 1994 10:00pm

[MEDIA=vimeo]231324082[/MEDIA]

KCBS (Los Angeles, CA) July 8, 1991, 11:00pm

[MEDIA=vimeo]231325465[/MEDIA]

KMOV (St. Louis, MO) July 30, 1994 5pm

[MEDIA=vimeo]231327272[/MEDIA]

KSDK (St. Louis, MO) July 30, 1994 6:00 pm

[MEDIA=vimeo]231329321[/MEDIA]

Almost full for the week, but will have a few more later...

Jim

• Like 3

This merits its own post. Snippets of the CNN Airport Network from 1997, including coverage of the death of Princess Diana. In Part 2, Airport Network's own news loop coverage is chopped off for a time to join CNN. Lots of cuts in the video. The uploader is also your anchor, Brad Johnson.