Classic Video Thread (pre-2008)

Jess

We take you way back to 1979 where we feature a rare look at KKTV in Colorado Springs. This is way before KKTV was acquired by Gray Television when it bought most of Benedek's stations.

This clip you are about to see comes from a KKTV program entitled "Mid Day". It was anchored by Liz Paul. The theme used in the open is unknown. Anyone willing to chime in and take a guess?

We take you way back to 1979 where we feature a rare look at KKTV in Colorado Springs. This is way before KKTV was acquired by Gray Television when it bought most of Benedek's stations. This clip you are about to see comes from a KKTV program entitled "Mid Day". It was anchored by Liz Paul. The theme used in the open is unknown. Anyone willing to chime in and take a guess?

Shazam recognizes it as Tom Scott & The LA Express - Looking Out For Number 7... It was originally released in 1972 and got re-recorded in 1977.

With the solar eclipse taking place in 13 days from now, we take you back to 1984 where WAGA brings you a special edition of "Eyewitness News". It is a newscast complete with a news open. The news open animation reminds me of how WBNS did their intro at the time. The news intro can be seen at 3:41 and believe me, it is rare.

• Like 3

This has got to be the cheesiest campaign I've heard in a long while...probably a good reason we've never seen any off-air recordings of it in use. Yeesh.

I love those "The Team 4 News" promos. So, so cheesy. And I like cheese. Here's the original one:

KAPP in 2002 with In-Sink...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=id=u26dEy9EsEs;t=32

These graphics were created by one Kurt Murphy, who wrote an 8 part series (start with "Choosing the Logo" and go up) for the website Creative COW taking an in-depth look at their creation. Very, very helpful for someone like me who enjoys fiddling with After Effects...

Now that's good stuff. Really really good stuff. The first 6 minutes is packed full of stuff I've never seen. Old stuff, KGSW Albuquerque (!!!!!), KNBN's callsign change to KRLD-TV (!!!!!) and their mid-80s news open with Newschannel, etc. Most of the back half is station IDs and promos, as well as a set of test patterns dating at least to the late 70s.

• Like 2

Talk about rare. NewsActive3's latest compilation tops them all. Here are a few favorites:

* The KOB "Eyewitness News 4" open is action-packed and exciting

* Not only that, the KFVS "Channel 12 News" open with TM's "NewsBeat" is a welcome addition

* A rare WCOV-TV "Newsroom 20 at 5" news open

* The CHCH "NewsRoom 11" open that features their theme used until the end of the 1980s

* The KTUU "Newservice 2" open is the rarest Alaska news open I have ever seen

* The first-ever intro for "KRLD-TV News" is so exciting

and...

* The KTEW "NewsCenter 2" intro

• Like 2