Classic Video Thread (pre-2008)

Jess

It's nice to see a "rare" WLOX newscast from 1999, which features the custom Jeff Ford 1998 theme. Check out the Newsactive3 link

Also, in my dropbox look for: WLOX98_PARTIAL TO VAMP

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/qaae8xleopm5u0i/LLCVKlwSfV

I quickly made a rough edit of how the theme sounded on-air minus the voicover part of the open. Basically it's the end sting of the open to the vamp. The quality is well...pure analog audio buzz and fairly horrendous, but you'll get the idea.

Hey @Raymie, I'm not sure if I ever passed that tidbit over to Mr. NMSA, so feel free to pass along. I have confirmation over that two ways. Back in the day, I asked WLOX Op. Manager Roger Garrett where it came from also reached out to Jeff a few years ago. He was shocked anyone remembered the theme. I thought it was a great tune. He is the owner of Ford Soundesign out of Baton Rouge. Ugggh, can't seem to figure out how to make a quote with the new design, I clicked the quote button..... oh well I'll figure it out!

[quote name='promoguy98']Hey @Raymie, I'm not sure if I ever passed that tidbit over to Mr. NMSA, so feel free to pass along. I have confirmation over that two ways. Back in the day, I asked WLOX Op. Manager Roger Garrett where it came from also reached out to Jeff a few years ago. He was shocked anyone remembered the theme. I thought it was a great tune. He is the owner of Ford Soundesign out of Baton Rouge. Ugggh, can't seem to figure out how to make a quote with the new design, I clicked the quote button..... oh well I'll figure it out![/QUOTE] I'll let you do that. Just hit "Reply" on the post you want to quote: you can click the Quote button on multiple posts and do a multi-quote.
  • Like 2

NBN3 News Newcastle - 100 miles north of Sydney, recorded by yours truly as a young kid on a family vacation ;)

Ray Dinneen and Tracey Reid anchor a one-hour 6PM news at powerhouse station NBN - one of the best local newscasts you'll see in regional Australia. The station ID launches seamlessly into the news open, thanks to some clever integration with the news theme.

Makes me wonder why WICZ only has two newscasts. I thought they would have more by now.

Their rating position behind WBNG and potentially their switch to Fox, which occurred not long after this open series, have not helped in the long run.

• Like 1

Their rating position behind WBNG and potentially their switch to Fox, which occurred not long after this open series, have not helped in the long run.

But they should add more to be more competitive. After all, they are beating WIVT 34 by a longshot.

This is one of my favorite series of news opens, ever, anywhere, and is it me or is this more like 60fps?

[MEDIA=internetarchive]height=300;id=tobacco_eix27a00;width=405[/MEDIA]

More Internet Archive stuff I just never saw:

WGPR "Morning Magazine". Any WGPR is a most welcome sight! [MEDIA=internetarchive]height=300;id=tobacco_stx27a00;width=402[/MEDIA]

KSEE 6pm, c1988. This was the first variant of this open before they changed their name to "KSEE 24 Hour News": [MEDIA=internetarchive]height=300;id=tobacco_yrx27a00;width=398[/MEDIA]

Most of the Archive stuff is interlaced - so it's not 60fps, but you can play it back at 60fps with the right tools. (Don't use VLC; most of the interlaced stuff on the Tobacco Archives is top-field-first, and VLC can only deinterlace bottom-field-first. Trying to use 2x deinterlacing on these clips in VLC will result in stutter from playing the images out of order.)

• Like 1

During 1978, KVCT-TV 19 was known as KXIX-TV, an ABC affiliate owned by Victoria Communications. What I am sharing with you is something I found on YouTube that showcases KXIX-TV during that year. It's an evening newscast with anchorman Bil Stephens. The news theme they used was "Where You Belong" by TM Productions and was known as "Eyewitness News".

• Like 3

KGTV Midday Open and Report (1994-1998)

Also a KGTV Midday Close (1994-1998)

I think this was KGTV's best theme and branding to date.

Also, here is an open from 2000 when they were using the Liquid Blade production music:

And here is some behind the scenes video from KGTV in 2000:

I wish I could find video of the theme KGTV was using from 1998-2000 when they used the slogan "People Make the Difference." That also was a top one for me for KGTV. If anyone has it, please post. Thanks!