Video Thread (2008-present)

Jess

• 2 weeks later...

The story in this video doesn't matter but the open does. I keep looking for this open because I like the music cut in this particular open and also because the NMSA doesn't have it yet.

Behold... News 12 Long Island (which btw, you can watch for free now, along with the other News 12 channels):

• Like 4

• 3 weeks later...

I think of the video footage from Hurricane Andrew where Brian Norcross and the studio crew went in to the small space to the side of the main set where they broadcasted for many hours during the storm and how they KNEW what was going to happen. Let's face it -- Florida has its share of tropical systems.

Mississippi, unfortunately, has had its share of tropical systems, but nothing like Hurricane Katrina (often compared against Hurricane Camille). WLOX-TV remained in their studio until it was almost too late. When the station's microwave/Doppler radar tower fell was the deciding factor to "get the Hell out of dodge" and into a small corner in another part of the building where they had two chairs, a camera and a computer.

• 2 weeks later...

WHLT's final days with an in-house news department before Media General tossed it out. WHLT started a news update segment at night several years later that lasted a few minutes. WJTV eventually starting simulcasting their 10:00 p.m. newscast on WHLT. After several more changes, WHLT now has a 10:00 p.m. newscast that is recorded by WJTV and aired with all local content. WHLT has reporters that contribute to the newscast.

WHLT's final days with an in-house news department before Media General tossed it out. WHLT started a news update segment at night several years later that lasted a few minutes. WJTV eventually starting simulcasting their 10:00 p.m. newscast on WHLT. After several more changes, WHLT now has a 10:00 p.m. newscast that is recorded by WJTV and aired with all local content. WHLT has reporters that contribute to the newscast.

I think its just weekday mornings (4:30-7:00am from WJTV 12) and Sundays-Fridays at 10:00pm for WHLT 22 (weeknights as local and Sundays from WJTV 12 + Sports Zone).

I think its just weekday mornings (4:30-7:00am from WJTV 12) and Sundays-Fridays at 10:00pm for WHLT 22 (weeknights as local and Sundays from WJTV 12 + Sports Zone).

That's correct.

Viewers do not like watching Jackson news and Javkson weather. I don't know why they're still simulcasting.

I've been dying to find more clips related to the WKYT News Theme, especially the open and closing themes. WKYT and WCTV/WSWG used it and I still consider it as one of my ultimate favorite news music packages.

I'm so happy that NewsActive3 uploaded this and it comes from WCTV in 2007:

• 3 weeks later...

Woah! Is that Blaine Stewart?

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

So this just aired and it's one of the most awkward hour-to-hour transitions I have seen on KTVI. Normally, right after they say the next hour is starting, the opening plays instantly or they play 2 minutes of ads (from :57 to :59 usually).

Here it goes to black for about 10-30 seconds, cuts to them not knowing the camera is on, back to black for another 10-30 seconds, then the intro happens, cut to black for a second, then they put the wrong camera in the shot.

WSMV in Nashville used This is Home by Switchfoot in a previous campaign a year or so ago, but they've now added This is Home from Warner Chappell. It looks like they're officially going to go deeper into this image campaign, judging by what the producer posted in the description on his YouTube channel. He called this their "kickoff spot!"

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

ABC's 50th anniversary special from 2003. News segments are on 1:01:58 (Barbara Walters retrospective leading into a GMA retrospective with Diane Sawyer), 2:03:39 (bloopers with Charles Gibson) and 2:39:16 (Jennings and Koppel). Also at the tail end, WFTV open with Opsahl and Salt which is longer on my main channel (

- forgive the slight video slowdown at the beginning).
  • Like 3

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...