Video Thread (2008-present)

Jess

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

So I went back on my old idea of having separate channels for out of town newscasts that I had recorded and started to combine them back into my Houston TV History channel. That said the KORO, KAJA and KDCU clips will move eventually.

I've been going back through my old hard drives from the past decade and am uploading some of the smaller-market stuff I have. Some I never uploaded, while others are re-upped from my old Houstontvnews channel.

So, let's go back a bit. I'll list by market / date. There are promos uploaded, but these are just the newscasts for the sake of some brevity.

June 2019  - Abilene, TX

January 2019 - Waco/Bryan-College Station, TX

November 2015 - Topeka, KS / Kansas City, MO

Joplin, MO / Pittsburg, KS  - October 2015

Edited by NewsStar2
link
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Here's the WBFF Fox 45 Late Edition from Thanksgiving Day 2010:

https://archive.org/details/WBFF_20101126_040000_FOX_45_Late_Edition

I don't think I'm going to be posting the 10:00 PM news since most of it is The Simpsons Movie (the movie got delayed because of Football).

Edited by Jakob

Here's the Fox 45 News at 5:30 and Fox 45 News at 10:00 from March 22, 2010.

https://archive.org/details/WBFF_20100322_213000_FOX_45_News_at_530

https://archive.org/details/WBFF_20100323_020000_FOX_45_News_at_10

One final note: The Fox 45 Early Edition and Morning News from that day are missing. Why? Because somebody must have accidentally switched the cable box over to Disney Channel until it got switched back to WBFF some time later. I actually don't what show it got switched over to, since I don't know WBFF's schedule for that day. And oh yeah, good luck finding it, since it's not available for viewing and you can't even find it on a Google search. So yeah, that was a long story. (I didn't post those 3 videos because they have full episodes and I don't want to break the rules.)

EDIT: I found a clip of Fox 45 Morning News on the same day after some searching. Here it is.

Edited by Jakob

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Here's a KNTV newscast from May 10, 2021.

https://archive.org/details/KNTV_20210511_060000_NBC_Bay_Area_News_at_11

I also wanted to post some newscasts from Telemundo affiliate KSTS on here. However, some of the recent ones i checked aired after movies, and i am guessing Internet Archive must recorded them too early so they start with the final minutes of the movie. So i am going to be careful when posting links to Noticias Telemundo en la noche newscasts.

Here's a WCAU Newscast from February 15, 2018. The first 40 or so minutes is a NBC News special Report about the Parkland, FL School Shooting which happened the previous day.

https://archive.org/details/WCAU_20180215_160000_NBC10_News_Today_11am

I also noticed that on KNTV during Today, they joined the special report in progress. I think this aired after the Olympics so that explains it.

Edited by Jakob

• 1 month later...

First posting on this thread. All from 2008...

KNDU Local News 11 at 11, taped 2/23/08. Note the Weather Plus segment from Spokane. KNDU continued to do those KHQ cut-ins for WX on weekends, but sometime after the start of the pandemic shutdowns, KNDU cut all their weekend newscasts and started simulcasting Q6 full-time at 6 and 11 on Sat/Sun.

KIMA/KEPR Action News clip, 12/23/08, with Terry Chick and an unknown anchor (this was taped off KEPR...very likely from analog, just a couple of months before KEPR's analog signal was shut off. Most stations in eastern WA stuck with the original 2/17/09 shut-off date instead of 6/12.)

And a fuzzy analog signal from KFFX's Fox First at Ten, taped sometime in early November 2008

Most of KAPP/KVEW Local News at 11, taped 12/4/08 with Stacie Vasko - just a few weeks before they made major cuts to the news department, cutting all weekend news, cutting 11PM to 5 minutes and shutting down KAPP's studios for good. Jason Valentine is still at KVEW.

Stacie Vasko again on 10/23/08

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Back in 2007 all (4) Atlanta anchors from the major affiliate stations- Monica Pearson (WSB), Russ Spencer (WAGA) , Karyn Greer (WXIA) & Stephany Fisher (WGCL)

talking about the role of tv news and technology back then.  How even things have changed from 07 to 2021

Edited by Breaking News