Video Thread (2008-present)

Jess

Sign-offs & Sign-ons still occur. I managed to snag this during a recent trip to Abilene, TX. It is the first video I've uploaded as part of my second YouTube channel - TV Travels Archive. I'm looking to bring back the promos & newscasts from around the country that I had on the old HoustonTVNews channel, seperate from the Houston TV History channel I've got up and running.

KTXS 12 / KTXE 38 Sign off & Sign on from June 2019

Edited by NewsStar2
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
7 hours ago, CircleSeven said:

They did update their graphics three years ago. But you wouldn't notice much of a difference in the open......

Video courtesy of "SCL Media" from YT.

Great example of "if it ain't broke"...I forgot the base of the package was that old.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hi everyone, I'm in search of a TV News story from Houston (KHOU) that aired on November 6, 2019. The story featured my grandfather and I'm trying to recover the footage. Unfortunately, my family lost our copies during Hurricane Harvey. I called KHOU but they said advised to try a news clip service. I tried a couple, but so far no dice. I've also checked the internet archive/wayback machine. So far, no luck. A link to the story is still live on KHOU's website, but the video is no where to be found. If anyone has any additional ideas or tips I would be so grateful. Thanks for reading! 

A link to the story:

https://www.khou.com/article/news/whos-caring-for-our-veterans/342612676

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

A tour of WPXI's old building a few months after they moved out, before they demolished everything but the transmitter/engineering portion (the video comments actually indicate the new exterior wall was built through one of the old studios)

In an ongoing effort to revive (or even expand) on the content I posted on my previous YouTube channel - I have launched a third channel called My Severe Weather Archive. It features rolling coverage that I have recorded and given that I live somewhere prone to that kind of activity, there is a fair amount of fresh content this time of year.

My first two uploads are from two Wichita stations covering the same events in Southwest Kansas on May 17th of last year.

KAKE

KWCH

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

^^

So there's more to the uploads that I've been pulling from old DVDs than just those two above.

KOSA - 6 PM newscast from June 2009

KWES 6 PM - June 2009

KTAB - 5PM June 2009

KRBC 11:30 AM - June 2009

KCEN 6 PM  June 2009

KZTV - 10 PM May 2009

KZTV - 6PM May 2009

KDFW 9 PM Weekend Newscast - December 2008