Video Thread (2008-present)

Jess

• 4 weeks later...
WBIR's "Live at Five at Four". Weird.

Weird indeed. But there’s a story there.

Prior to September 15' date=' 2008, this show was aired at 5 p.m. on weekdays under the title LIVE at Five. The program focused on community events and celebrity interviews. In 2008, the show was moved to 4 p.m. and was temporarily renamed LIVE at Five at Four with WBIR asking for viewers' opinions on a new name. The quirky temporary name, however, was embraced by viewers and LIVE at Five at Four has remained the brand for the 4 p.m. program.[/quote']
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...
It must be Christmas for Tampa/St. Pete TV fans. WXFL 1988 news open/partial newscast:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=id=Y3KhW1my7BI;m=7;s=48

Bob, Gayle, David Grant. Also CNN/former WTSP anchor Don Harrison as the voiceover.

WXFL would become WFLA again on 12/31/88.

I don't know if this one was posted:

All three... wrong thread. Remember... 2008-present, not from before 2008.

• Like 6

The KSAZ 2018 minute image song is noteworthy if only because it only says Just You Watch, not Just You Watch the Best...

Also note the clever use of the large screen on the news set in the beginning!

The original slogan was simply Just You Watch — but it hadn't been just those three words since its first year as a campaign, in 1999! (And yes, we have the original.)

• Like 3

I made a compilation video of ABC, CBS and NBC News special reports on from July 9th where he ominated Judge Kavanaugh to the Supreme Court. NBC was the only one that had confirmed that Judge Kavanaugh was the choice before POTUS formally announced the nomination. In the video I kept the opening and closing analysis from each broadcast but fast forward through the speech. The video is 13 minutes long and was over 1GB.

• 5 weeks later...

If you guys ever want to see the 2006-2010 Univision news package modified for HD, look no further than WLII from 2010

Speaking of WLII, they also have a unique HD news open

Both of these clips are from mid 2010. At this time, Univision rolled out their HD news package and it won't be until around I say late 2010 or early 2011 when they started using the package.

Here's WLII using said Univision 2010 news package:

WPHL has gone KCPQ. And like the latter, the graphics are brilliantly done.

Hey Tribune, even though you’re on your last legs, you should consider hoisting these graphics onto certain stations in Milwaukee and Greensboro, you know?

Wow, that's just... amazing. I really love the drone shot at the end of the open going over the Art Museum looking towards the skyline.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Enjoy nearly 30 mins of news opens of virtually every Univision station (O&O and Entravision) that uses the 2013-current news package.

Fun fact: None of the Entravision stations branded their news departments with their channel number. Some stations do so verbally.

Edited by Guest
  • Like 2

Good Morning and afternoon from Youngstown, OH

Just fyi some of the video maybe out sync I am using a new editing program.

WFMJ (WFMJ Today)

WYFX (First News on Fox Morning Edition)

WKBN (27 First News at Noon Open/Close)

WYTV (33 News Daybreak)

• Like 1