Video Thread (2008-present)

Jess

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

So WGN here in Chicago is gonna be undergoing some big changes later on today, they're debuting a new set and a new logo, and I figured I may as well post some of these classic WGN videos from the 2000s. I found an entire 40 minutes of WGN Morning News from March 2004 (description says 2001, but he's mistaken. They only started using that logo and graphics around December 2002/January 2003, plus one of the events they described in the headlines was definitely in late 2003). Robin was still doing traffic and rocked a Tony Montana-style suit, and they still talked via satellite to Sam Rubin of KTLA. You can

where they do the 8:30 am intro and read the news.

At that point in the video, there's a graphics error in the headlines and the wrong clips are shown with the stories being read. Also, the song in the background during the headlines after the intro that they still sometimes use in the mornings isn't a stock music piece or something that they made in-house. It's the extended version of

! When I was a kid, I figured it was just their own news music. "Girls on Film" is used during some Dean Richards segments, so I guess someone at WGN is a big Duran Duran fan.

While we're on the subject of WGN, I think this is the best open music they've ever used, and I wish they would have kept this tune when they redid the music packages in 2007 and 2014.

And the Noon/9pm variant (complete with their even older logo)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gP-vQFpyJd8

• Like 2

Given it's been a decade since it first got posted, and I can edit the OP and thread still, I moved the goalposts a bit. This thread is now good for anything past 2008. Anything before can now go in the Classic Video Thread. I chose the date here because A.) standardization really began at that point, and B.) HD became standard around this time.

This thread doesn't get as much usage, but continue to post stuff that you want to post here.

KFOR-TV intros since 2008:

2009:

2011:

(The only change from 2009 to 2011 was "Chopper 4" was replaced by "Bob Moore Chopper 4"

2014:

Brian Lee instead of saying "You're watching NewsChannel 4 at Ten" at that point says "You're watching NewsChannel 4 at Ten, The News Leader."

2016:

2017:

New graphics plus KFOR went back to the "Oklahoma's NewsChannel 4" moniker that they used from 1997 until 2008

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I dug through the Internet Archives to find the very last edition of the Early Show — from Studio 47!

Going through other videos from this time period and before, it's amazing what a mess the Early Show was. In retrospect, it's so surprising CBS put that on the air before actually figuring something out. It's also interesting to see how spartan the Early Show was in its final months while they were working on the new (and still-on-the-air!) format.

• 1 month later...

Here's the first nine minutes of KWKT's 9:00 p.m. newscast from July 10, just days into the station's in-house news operations. Their graphics package looks almost like an updated version of the graphics Tribune developed for its pre-Local TV-purchase Fox affiliates.

• Like 2

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Back from my trip... Part I of a few posts starts now.

Wichita Falls,TX/Lawton,OK

KFDX 3 News at 10 - 1/5/2018

KAUZ NewsChannel 6 at 10 - 1/5/2018

KSWO 7 News at 6 - 1/5/2018

KJTL Texoma's Fox News at 9 - 1/5/2018

KAUZ/KSWO Texoma Weekend Morning News Debut - 1/6/2018

San Angelo, TX

KSAN News at 5 - 1/2/2018

KIDY Fox News First at 10 - 1/2/2018

KLST Concho Valley This Morning Newsbrief - 1/3/2018

Midland-Odessa, TX (kinda)

KUPB Noticias Univision Oeste de Texas Open, 1/2018 - Recorded from KEUS in San Angelo

• Like 1