Video Thread (2008-present)

Jess

KZSW in 2007. The station had local news for the Inland Empire (think Temecula, High Desert). It had two news operations, the first from 2005-08 and then one from 2008-11? 12? The second one ended amidst lawsuits over control of the station, attempted bankruptcies, and the involvement of a less-than-honest Mexican businessman.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=id=NC76bi0zke0;t=55

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Actually that was at the time of the merger. If you read the description, it says it was on the first day or on the first week of the new merged operation.

Back then, many newscasts were shared, but 7pm was on 25 only and 12 had the first (half) hour of morning news, and I believe noon.

J

Back then, many newscasts were shared, but 7pm was on 25 only and 12 had the first (half) hour of morning news, and I believe noon.

J

Its similar today. WTLV still has first half-hour only of morning news (4:30am) and exclusive to noon while 7:00pm is still only on 25.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
Six years ago today, Chicago was in the midst of what would be the 3rd largest snowfall in the city's history. Here's the ABC 7 News at 6pm (WLS) from that day (in all its retro glory)...

spot the mistake in the intro mark giangreco is the sports anchor in this clip, not jim rose as per the intro

spot the mistake in the intro mark giangreco is the sports anchor in this clip, not jim rose as per the intro

Not sure how that's a mistake. The talent intros say who the regulars are, and they're not changed when someone is off. Jim was off, so Mark was filling in, as has been standard procedure since many of us were in diapers.

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

I just uploaded this. Katie Couric and Matt Lauer in Sydney for the Olympics. Recorded in Sydney on Channel 7 - what a great time!

It's a little 'rough cuts' style. The clip comes from a DVD I made for friends years ago.. and I was running out of room on it! (Catch the open at 1:50)

• Like 1

I just uploaded this. Katie Couric and Matt Lauer in Sydney for the Olympics. Recorded in Sydney on Channel 7 - what a great time!

It's a little 'rough cuts' style. The clip comes from a DVD I made for friends years ago.. and I was running out of room on it! (Catch the open at 1:50)

I wonder why Australia seems to be the one country that airs US Morning newscasts. First Today on Seven, GMA on Nine and CBS This Morning on Ten.

Because I don't hawk the stuff I upload to my YouTube so often...

KWTX News 10 at Ten Weekend (Full Newscast) - 1/7/17

KCEN Channel 6 News Weekend Close (New Set) - 1/7/17

KXXV NewsChannel 25 Good Morning Texas Weekend Open - 1/8/2017

Back a bit

KHWB WB 39 News at Nine Debut Newscast (Full) - 9/2000