WNBC - Times for segments?

Capierno

I just saw the opening for tonight's Channel 4 11 pm news. While they were going through the upcoming segements they put the times at the bottom next to the name of the segments.

Is this new? Or did I miss it before?

Interesting additon.

They have been doing it alot. I remember it alot last month and then it stopped and I guess they started it back up again. It reminds me kinda of MY 9 News run down that's done before they go to commercial, it tells you what time the story will be airing.

I just saw the opening for tonight's Channel 4 11 pm news. While they were going through the upcoming segements they put the times at the bottom next to the name of the segments.

Is this new? Or did I miss it before?

Interesting additon.

They've been doing this on the 11 p.m. news since at least October.

It definitely adds a little more organization to the broadcast.

-Vlad

How does it add organization? If anything, I find the idea tacky, although I have yet to see it as implemented on WNBC. It's not like WNBC has had a disorganized broadcast.

It definitely adds a little more organization to the broadcast.

-Vlad

How does it add organization? If anything, I find the idea tacky, although I have yet to see it as implemented on WNBC. It's not like WNBC has had a disorganized broadcast.

Well, the only thing that can be a disadvantage about it is that it makes it seem more of a tabloidish styled broadcast as Fox 5 occasionally does this as well. Not sure if they still do it now, but I do remember FOX 5 doing Time Segments. Another disadvantage could be that the viewer can "switch" the channel to other programming and then wait untill the time for their specific news story airs to tune back to the channel.

-Vlad

Archived