New set at WDSU

PelicanGuy

While flipping through the channels during a break on WWL's Nightwatch, I noticed WDSU has a new set for the main desk. To be honest, it's a little smaller than the old set.

I don't have any pics, but I can tell you it's a black desk with the "6" logo in front with a montage of city landmarks embedded in a blue background behind the desk.

• 2 weeks later...

WESH, another Hearst-Argyle station used that desk before their current set. And it looks like it is located in the studio where they do 6 On Your Side Live. My guess is that WDSU is going to get a massive new set, built by FX. I bet you it will be something similar in scope to the KWTV set.

But then again, I could be wrong...

matt.

• 1 month later...

Now its WWL's turn to update their ancient news set. I agree that WDSU's set is great. But one question, why does every set designed for HD have to have a rear projection screen behind the anchors? It seems every HD newscast I have seen has the screen. It seems every station in LA, with the exception of KTTV has it. Just wondering...

matt.

Now its WWL's turn to update their ancient news set. I agree that WDSU's set is great. But one question, why does every set designed for HD have to have a rear projection screen behind the anchors? It seems every HD newscast I have seen has the screen. It seems every station in LA, with the exception of KTTV has it. Just wondering...

matt.

It allows them to use it for anything, from a OTS, to a live shot, to a video wall... its very versital.

Archived