Headline News set.

mattLAW

here are some pics from tvnewser.com http://www.mediabistro.com/tvnewser/cnn/headline_news_unveils_new_studio_48613.asp#more

is it just me or do these pictures make it look like just a fancy office? especially that desk, i havent watched it in action yet, so i cant make a definite judgement whether i like it or not.

Guest Junk Junk

I'm not sure what I think of the new set. I think I liked the lighting of the previous set better: it seemed brighter. This new set makes a lot more sense than the old one, though. The old one (which was nice, btw), was created for the 'anchor-in-the-round' format, where you had the two main anchors and other anchors (just-in/breaking news, sports, entertainment, technology) stationed at those 'pods' that formed a circle within the studio. It made interaction between the anchors very awkward because you had these supplemental anchors sitting behind the main anchors. Three-shots were virtually impossible unless the third anchor sat at the main desk. This new set and it's flexibility seems to work a lot better for the current format. The fake control room background annoys me a bit, and the graphics on the flat screen tvs are a bit bland, but overall it's a nice upgrade.

A minus.

Really, CNN should just cut their losses and drop Headline News altogether. A set change isn't going to help their anemic ratings during the day.

Headline news hasn't been the same since its heyday in the early-to-mid-90s.

Really, CNN should just cut their losses and drop Headline News altogether. A set change isn't going to help their anemic ratings during the day.

Headline news hasn't been the same since its heyday in the early-to-mid-90s.

Heydays are now my friend! You have Glenn "I can't stop talking with my hands" Beck, and Nancy "the NG" Grace bringing up the ratings. HN today, tommorrow and forever.

matt.

Looks like an FX designed set.

FX did not design or fabricate this set. We did, however, fabricate the old Headline News set.

Why did they decide to get rid of the FX set? That set would have still looked great today. Oh well...

matt.

Archived