John Elliott fills in for Maurice DuBois on CBS 2 NTM

qwertywcbs

John filled in regularly for Kent Shocknek while he was at KCBS. And when he was here in San Diego, he was the morning anchor and weathercaster at FOX 6.

I actually turned on my tv this morning, started watching, saw Deborah there, said okay, I'll deal, then she started talking to John before going to commercial, and I'm like, what's happening, then when they returned to commercial, John sat at the desk and did weather, then tossed it to a recorded Ducis, and I turned the tv off.

I hope WCBS has a good reason for not using Reid Lamberty, Cindy Hsu, Kirstin Cole, Mary Calvi, or any of the other people they had at their disposal for both Kate and Maurice's chairs.

And does Kate get mornings off on Fridays too until Kristine comes back?

I actually turned on my tv this morning, started watching, saw Deborah there, said okay, I'll deal, then she started talking to John before going to commercial, and I'm like, what's happening, then when they returned to commercial, John sat at the desk and did weather, then tossed it to a recorded Ducis, and I turned the tv off.

I hope WCBS has a good reason for not using Reid Lamberty, Cindy Hsu, Kirstin Cole, Mary Calvi, or any of the other people they had at their disposal for both Kate and Maurice's chairs.

And does Kate get mornings off on Fridays too until Kristine comes back?

My bet is that Maurice called in at the last minute and they couldn't find anyone else on such a short notice so they use John Elliot.

I didn't have the opportunity to see that, but i wish I did. I actually have a mixed feeling for John Elliott. I feel like he is such a goof ball, in his own right, that it is kind of amusing. In my opinion I think that hanging out with that guy (off camera) would be pretty amusing. He may not be Chris Cimino or Bill Evans, but he isn't the worst. Just a tought.

The management at CBS2 clearly has a mean, vindictive thing against Reid Lamberty. He was/ is an excellant anchor and when they took him off the air abruptly they didn't even have a replacement-they started rotaing people in the anchor seat on weekend nights-even bringing in Jim Rosenfield on Sundays for a six-day week. The message was like "We hate you so much we will do ANYTHING to keep you out of the anchor chair." What a load of crap...it's rare that you find a man that talented at reporting that is also a certified HUNK, why in hell would they scour such a good resource. I really hope another local station snaps him up.

The management at CBS2 clearly has a mean, vindictive thing against Reid Lamberty. He was/ is an excellant anchor and when they took him off the air abruptly they didn't even have a replacement-they started rotaing people in the anchor seat on weekend nights-even bringing in Jim Rosenfield on Sundays for a six-day week. The message was like "We hate you so much we will do ANYTHING to keep you out of the anchor chair." What a load of crap...it's rare that you find a man that talented at reporting that is also a certified HUNK, why in hell would they scour such a good resource. I really hope another local station snaps him up.

I agree and against Cindy Hsu.

I agree and against Cindy Hsu.

Agree and Mary Calvi

Archived