Today Show First?

newscopter7

This morning on today, Ann Curry was subbing for Matt Lauer.

Is this the first time that two women have hosted Today?

I thought Ann Curry was considerably easier to watch alongside Meredith than when she's next to Matt. They seemed to be having a good time.

I do recall Al Roker sitting in for Katie around Thanksgiving '03. So they've done the two male anchor thing before.

Meredith ought to be in her element with another female on set. I love her.

Who was the news reader this morning?

Guest Dylan

Is this the first time that two women have hosted Today?

I guess the tranny from Indiana who has that "Preserve Female Anchors" website finally got to someone...

Ava the Indiana Tranny is sad and pitiful. I make it a habit, however, to watch "her" often hillarious and disjointed ramblings (read: newscasts) on YouTube.

The weird thing about this person's whole crusade concerning men anchoring is that Ava obviously has no real understanding of how newscasts are compiled, how news operations are run, or anything about TV news in general.

And the most humourous part of this all is that "she" is serious as a heart attack.

Weird + Creepy = Ava the Indiana Tranny

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w1q91xsosbM

How delusional.

"Now that's.....and that's.....shocking....to say the least."

"And...and...and....and INNCD imagines that a lot of those stations that have had two men anchoring within the last few years....may want to do a.....commercial...involving a...n-news director.........saying like....what wha...um.....similar to that recent title commercial where the......woman says....the problem with.....people think if you take more Tylenol......it won't make your headache go away faster....and in the end the commercial.....she says if you don't want to follow our directions carefully, I rather you don't take the medication. I imagine.....news directors will be saying.....um...........the problem with.......a few viewers......some people have saw the Indiana State News Center and Discussion's reports on......women anchoring men reporting.....and.....and......the problem is.....news directors have a voice.....viewers don't..........and.......and....near the end of the......commercial.......the news director would say......if you don't want to watch two men or two women...anchor a newscast....I'd rather you just didn't watch it. And if it means less viewers, that's just fine with...me. And....and basically that's.....why I think at least needs to happen....."

She says all this crap because she knows she will never make it on tv as a news personality, maybe a news character (a crazy one too) I am surprised that she has not made an issue about the two men anchoring the morning news in Baltimore. I dont know if I am right, but doesnt WJZ have two men in the morning? Anyways, having two men anchoring is not as widespread as it once was during the 70s and the truth of the matter is that there are more female-female anchor teams than male-male teams. Here in San Diego we have 5 female-female anchor teams on all the stations except for KUSI and KSWB, and when the males are absent who takes their place most of the time? Females. So this "woman" does not have a good argument, she is like you said cfif "delusional."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w1q91xsosbM

How delusional.

"Now that's.....and that's.....shocking....to say the least."

"And...and...and....and INNCD imagines that a lot of those stations that have had two men anchoring within the last few years....may want to do a.....commercial...involving a...n-news director.........saying like....what wha...um.....similar to that recent title commercial where the......woman says....the problem with.....people think if you take more Tylenol......it won't make your headache go away faster....and in the end the commercial.....she says if you don't want to follow our directions carefully, I rather you don't take the medication. I imagine.....news directors will be saying.....um...........the problem with.......a few viewers......some people have saw the Indiana State News Center and Discussion's reports on......women anchoring men reporting.....and.....and......the problem is.....news directors have a voice.....viewers don't..........and.......and....near the end of the......commercial.......the news director would say......if you don't want to watch two men or two women...anchor a newscast....I'd rather you just didn't watch it. And if it means less viewers, that's just fine with...me. And....and basically that's.....why I think at least needs to happen....."

It took "her" nearly 3 minutes to express that incoherent thought. Wow.

Guest Dylan

simpsons_CrazyCatLady1.GIF Here is her/his/it's long lost twin.

OK, this topic has been re-created and has moved to the breakroom and I would like for you all to continue it there and not in this thread.. it kinda got out of hand.

Archived