WCVB turns Twenty!

AutisticPsycho

Here's some 15 year old nostalgia about nostalgia from 1992 when WCVB held their 20th anniversary! S

Don't forget, 5 is turning 35 on March 19! Tune in then!

• WCVB "Five Turns Twenty" (1992) - selected segment #1 (The intro)

• WCVB "Five Turns Twenty" (1992) - selected segment #2 (Report taping blooper, reporter isn't amused)

• WCVB "Five Turns Twenty" (1992) - selected segment #3 (Notable stories including their international broadcasts from Rome during the papal election and Ireland/Northern Ireland finding the root of "The Troubles")

• WCVB "Five Turns Twenty" (1992) - selected segment #4 (Promo blooper)

• WCVB "Five Turns Twenty" (1992) - selected segment #5 (History of TV in Boston and WCVB's first signon?)

• WCVB "Five Turns Twenty" (1992) - selected segment #6 (Reminiscing with John Henning (WBZ, at the time), Jack Hynes (WLVI 56, until recently) and Tom Ellis)

• WCVB "Five Turns Twenty" (1992) - selected segment #7 (The history of the television signal and an interview with Peter Jennings about news broadcasting)

• (Peter Mehegan talks with Boston children's TV pionners, Rex Trailer and Capt. Bob Cottle)

http://youtube.com/profile?user=bostonnewsarchives

All of this provided by bostonnewsarchives, he'll most likely add more so stay tuned.

EDIT: I see abc7miami beat me, oh well, I'm still keep this up. I consider mine more indepth.

Susan Burke interviews Jack Chase and Frank Avruch. Jack tells a classic story about forgetting his hairpiece one morning he had to go on the air.

Chet Curtis pops down to the set and over to the weather center on the side. In this segment, Dick Albert first shows how the weather forecasts are done. Then he interviews two legendary weathermen, Don Kent and Bob Copeland.

Of course, he shows us like every TV weathermen why you never wear green! Also, Chet tries his best to point to Boston but misses.

Archived