Ch. 7 #1 at 5am, 6am, 12pm, 5pm, 6pm and 11pm; wins sign-on to sign-off

wabceyewitness

[left][b][size=3]Channel 7 Is Top Station in New York and the Nation in Feb'07 Nielsen Sweeps[/size][/b]

Thursday March 1, 1:43 pm ET

[b]'Eyewitness News' Wins Every News Race: 5AM, 6AM, 12PM, 5PM, 6PM and 11PM

'Desperate Housewives', 'Grey's Anatomy' and 'Ugly Betty' All Rank Within Top 10 Regularly Scheduled Primetime Programs in Tri-State Area[/b]

NEW YORK, March 1 /PRNewswire/ -- WABC-TV is New York's highest-rated broadcast station for the twenty-seventh consecutive rating period, delivering a 4.9 rating/12 share in DMA Households, Monday-Sunday Sign-On to Sign-Off in Nielsen's Feb'07 sweeps. With each rating point representing 73,670 Tri-State area TV households, Channel 7 attracts a larger audience than any other station in the nation.

Equally impressive is the "Eyewitness News" franchise's DMA HH win in every local news race, with margins as large as 138% over competitors WCBS-TV & WNBC-TV. "Eyewitness News" also beats its competitors (WCBS-TV & WNBC-TV) in every local news race in the Adult 25-54 demographic with margins reaching as high as 121%.

Other highlights for ABC/7 in the Feb'07 sweeps are "Grey's Anatomy", "Ugly Betty" and "Desperate Housewives" respectively ranking #3, #5 and #8 among regularly scheduled Primetime programs within New York DMA households.

WABC-TV, Channel 7, is the ABC, Inc. Owned Television Station in New York

City.

FULL RATINGS: http://biz.yahoo.com/prnews/070301/nyth182.html?.v=48

Way To Go ABC 7!!! ;D

Unbeliveable ratings right there, they are very remarkable, the department must be extremely excited about this. And they really deserve it. ABC itself did fairly well this period. Never have I watched the channel so much there are numerous amazing shows on that channel, even the daytime shows are starting to get interesting, lol. (Yes, General Hospital does have some great action in it and I like action) Greys Anatomy was unbelievable this month and Lost wow Lost is back with a vengeance.

My Thoughts On Eyewitness News Thus Far:

Eyewitness News is even funnier in the mornings, Lori Stokes and Steve never cease to make me laugh in the mornings. Sade and Diana are a class act, they have the right attitudes at the right times. Liz and Bill continue to lead the station with their "seriousness", lol. Which suits them for the hours in which they work. Lee Goldberg is astonishing, a great replacement of Sam. Heidi and Jeff are pretty good too for newcommers. Phil Lipof, is amazing, I think he deserves the weekend evening slot simply put he was a great choice. Patricia Wu is great as well, her report on the storm yesterday was remarkable. Emily Smith has the drive too and is a good replacement of Lauren DeFranco. Tappy Philips continues to excell in her classy stories with 7 On Your Side as well. Overall the whole team is doing much better than before, there is a real sense of "family" amongst the team members of Eyewitness News. I really hope WABC keeps this up they are doing better than ever at this point. The only thing left is those graphics.

CONGRATULATIONS index.php?action=dlattach;attach=8681;type=avatar!!

-Vlad 8)

It sure isn't quality.

The station's newscasts are peppered with kicker stories, lead with the sensational and seems not to break issue based stories. Breaking fires and car accidents may be exciting, but really what does it add?

Sounds like WPVI all over again.

Yea, so what else is new?

I think it's the lotto drawings that are helping. They're pretty smart incorporating them into, before and after their newscasts.

They probably win over the vision-impaired audience with their huge-ass graphics. ::)

The only reason people probably watch that channel is out of habit. A bad habit, mind you.

I disagree that it is just habit. Their morning team is the best in town... actually I think all of their teams are the best. At 11pm, Chuck and Sue don't win because all of NBC's shows are in the toilet, lead-in helps, too.

Yea, so what else is new?

I think it's the lotto drawings that are helping. They're pretty smart incorporating them into, before and after their newscasts.

They probably win over the vision-impaired audience with their huge-ass graphics. ::)

The only reason people probably watch that channel is out of habit. A bad habit, mind you.

LOL, I highly doubt that 360,983 2,652,120 people watch ABC 7 out of habit.... ::) They simply have programing that simply pleases the majority. WNBC is pretty good in my opinion but their network programming is what really kills them, the shows they have are not as interesting anymore as those on ABC. CBS has pretty good network programming but their newscasts will always suck simply put. So basically viewers do not have a choice but to watch ABC 7 because the rest of the channels are not appealing OVERALL to the viewers.

-Vlad

I disagree that it is just habit. Their morning team is the best in town... actually I think all of their teams are the best. At 11pm, Chuck and Sue don't win because all of NBC's shows are in the toilet, lead-in helps, too.

I sometimes get to catch the morning team on WABC. They joke around and stuff, but sometimes there's just akward silence. Don't know whats the deal with that. I would say the second morning team with good chemistry would be John and Sukanya on WPIX.

I sometimes get to catch the morning team on WABC. They joke around and stuff, but sometimes there's just akward silence. Don't know whats the deal with that. I would say the second morning team with good chemistry would be John and Sukanya on WPIX.

I Highly Second That! Sukanya and John are pretty good too.

-Vlad

LOL, I highly doubt that 360,983 people watch ABC 7 out of habit.... ::)

-Vlad

wow thats all the viewers WABC gets? KTUU gets numbers like that

You're right. Considering wabceyewitness said: "With each rating point representing 73,670" so I'm not sure if its the whole number that is considered 73,670 or if it is the whole number and the number after the decimal. 360,983 seems to be a very small number, especially in a city with 8 million people. It would actually be more like 2,652,120 viewers, which seems a bit more logical, So my mistake, lol. City with 8 Million People and more (5 Boroughs Only) about 25% of that population watches ABC 7.

-Vlad

[left][b][size=3]Channel 7 Is Top Station in New York and the Nation in Feb'07 Nielsen Sweeps[/size][/b]

Thursday March 1, 1:43 pm ET

[b]'Eyewitness News' Wins Every News Race: 5AM, 6AM, 12PM, 5PM, 6PM and 11PM

'Desperate Housewives', 'Grey's Anatomy' and 'Ugly Betty' All Rank Within Top 10 Regularly Scheduled Primetime Programs in Tri-State Area[/b]

NEW YORK, March 1 /PRNewswire/ -- WABC-TV is New York's highest-rated broadcast station for the twenty-seventh consecutive rating period, delivering a 4.9 rating/12 share in DMA Households, Monday-Sunday Sign-On to Sign-Off in Nielsen's Feb'07 sweeps. With each rating point representing 73,670 Tri-State area TV households, Channel 7 attracts a larger audience than any other station in the nation.

Equally impressive is the "Eyewitness News" franchise's DMA HH win in every local news race, with margins as large as 138% over competitors WCBS-TV & WNBC-TV. "Eyewitness News" also beats its competitors (WCBS-TV & WNBC-TV) in every local news race in the Adult 25-54 demographic with margins reaching as high as 121%.

Other highlights for ABC/7 in the Feb'07 sweeps are "Grey's Anatomy", "Ugly Betty" and "Desperate Housewives" respectively ranking #3, #5 and #8 among regularly scheduled Primetime programs within New York DMA households.

WABC-TV, Channel 7, is the ABC, Inc. Owned Television Station in New York

City.

FULL RATINGS: http://biz.yahoo.com/prnews/070301/nyth182.html?.v=48

KABC also won in the ratings...But I give WABC credit...at least they don't need rock music (or anything like that) to prove how badass they are.

Archived