CBS 3 & CW Philly light up the Philly Skyline

tdrtv

Pictures of the new studio are up at kyw.com. (http://www.cbs3.com/slideshows/local_slideshow_089133214).

Wow .... very nice. Can't wait to see the new graphics and hopefully they don't drop the enforcer theme.

-- Matt

Yeah...I've heard enough of the WCCO theme.

Personally, if I had to choose a new theme for KYW ..... It would be 615 Music's "Always Worth Your Time" ..... I heard this theme on CBS 5 KPIX-TV in San Fran when I was there close to 3 weeks ago. Very KYW-ish and nice.

http://www.southernmedia-nmsa.com/audioplayer.php?media=theme,1156

-- Matt

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Personally, if I had to choose a new theme for KYW ..... It would be 615 Music's "Always Worth Your Time" ..... I heard this theme on CBS 5 KPIX-TV in San Fran when I was there close to 3 weeks ago. Very KYW-ish and nice.

Too bad it's already in use in Philadelphia.

Pictures of the new studio are up at kyw.com. (http://www.cbs3.com/slideshows/local_slideshow_089133214).

Wow .... very nice. Can't wait to see the new graphics and hopefully they don't drop the enforcer theme.

-- Matt

Yeah...I've heard enough of the WCCO theme.

http://www.southernmedia-nmsa.com/audioplayer.php?media=theme,1156

-- Matt

Don't worry about losing Enforcer. And AWYT is a great theme - because I've heard it EXTENSIVELY on WPHL.

-- Matt

Keeping Enforcerer, using different cuts. Graphics are Hothaus-based with in-house customization... will be doing more with Hothaus when Comcast Center is finished.

All field cameras are XDCam HD. Studio cameras are Panasonic. Editing will be done on a combo of Grass Valley & Final Cut systems (goodbye, Avid). Live remotes will be limited to downconverted HD signals (ie 16:9 SD - like PVI). When the people at Nextel get their act together with the microwave relocation program, remotes will be full HD.

Any particular reason that programming keeps cutting out and going to black for extended periods of time? It happened shortly before the noon newscast and the pre-game show cut out and went to black (it's black right now, and it's 12:56 and has been in black for a couple minutes...)

Don't get me wrong, the black looks wonderful in HD.

[About to hit "post", and they return to a shot of the Navy skydivers. What happened?]

EDIT: 12:58 they cut to commercial randomly in the middle of the skydivers.

1PM they're back with Harry's intro.

Seems like a bit of technical issues on the part of KYW and WPSG related to the move. The SD feeds on both channels are extremely zoomed-in versions of the HD feeds so there's quite a bit of overscanning.

KYW & WPSG both have "stretched" pictures right now. The 'dr phil' bug doesn't fit on the screen at the moment. The CBS3 bug is definitely different as well. Can't wait until 11!

tonight at 11 (or after the game, whatever) could someone cap the hell out of the newscast? intros, OTS, L3's, supers, weather, and different studio shots? thanks in advance.

Here's a sneak preview.

tonight at 11 (or after the game, whatever) could someone cap the hell out of the newscast? intros, OTS, L3's, supers, weather, and different studio shots? thanks in advance.

Here's a sneak preview.

Thank you for posting a preview of the new graphics. It looks like Hothaus did a great job as they always do. I can't wait to see more of the new CBS 3 look. :D

Wow...the scoreboard is cut off on the Ohio/Florida game.

That's just ridiculous, and for the most part, inexcusable. A strong majority of people out there are watching in SD anyway...

So, color me not impressed so far, KYW!

Archived