CBS 3 & CW Philly light up the Philly Skyline

tdrtv

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

New studios are fine ..

but THE BIG STORY is that for the first time since Westinghouse "fixed" channel 3 with "leaner and smarter" approach to news --- driving at least 30-50% of the audience away --- Channel 3 is back to a clear #2 with 10 a clear #3.

Eyewitness News had grown consistently through the latter 80s and early 90s.

Hopefully it won't be "fixed" again!

New studios are fine ..

but THE BIG STORY is that for the first time since Westinghouse "fixed" channel 3 with "leaner and smarter" approach to news --- driving at least 30-50% of the audience away --- Channel 3 is back to a clear #2 with 10 a clear #3.

Eyewitness News had grown consistently through the latter 80s and early 90s.

Hopefully it won't be "fixed" again!

Oh gimme a break. 3 hasn't put out remotely decent news product since Vince Leonard, Jack Jones, and Jessica Savitch roamed the anchor desk.

Any word on the date they'll be in their new digs?

Non-broadcast departments will start the move this Friday (3/9). Broadcast and news operations will begin their move 3/16. First HD broadcast is scheduled for 3/26 - although this may be pushed back a week.

Guest Dylan

It's safe to assume there's going to be a new set, but should we expect new graphics and music?

To answer the first question: yes. 2nd question: "kinda".

1. i assumed that as well

2. i was just wondering, what with all the silence and all -- and lord knows the weather could've screwed them up

3. are they waiting until after the move to begin tear down, etc., or will they be on a temp set sat/sun)?

they will begin to dismantle when they leave. that building is pretty much empty, except for Studio A and studio control.

Not really empty. Much of the office (sales, etc) staff is moving over this weekend but there is a lot still in the 5th & Market building. 30 years of "stuff" does not move quickly!

Here are some facts:

The on-air target is 03/26. Construction delays have moved this date back several weeks, and may again.

EVERYTHING is new for Eyewitness News. Graphics, set, music (still Enforcer, different cuts). The move to HD will not be overnight. Some things will be 16x9 SD, some will be 16x9 HD, due to limitations on when certain items can be switched over.

CW Philly WakeUp News is NOT getting a new set. They are remaining, for now, in their Traffic.com facilities. I don't even know if that move is an "if". Should that happen, it's quite a way off.

The new facility is at 15th and Spring Garden, occupying the 6th floor of that city-block-long building. There are two studios, each with a dedicated control room. The new EWN set has quite a bit in common, layout-wise, with the current set....much shinier, though!

Not really empty. Much of the office (sales, etc) staff is moving over this weekend but there is a lot still in the 5th & Market building. 30 years of "stuff" does not move quickly!

Is there going to be a furniture & fixture sale or are they taking every bit of that stuff too? I might like some file cabinets..

I'm pretty sure there's going to be stuff that's going to be purged. Oh God.. I can picture some news junkies digging through a large dumpster outside the old building.

Archived