Windy City Live

cbs2worksforyou

Did anyone see the premiere of Windy City Live today? I missed it, but I did watch an online video of WLS' morning anchors Hosea Sanders and Judy Hsu touring the Windy City Live studio with hosts Ryan Chiaverini and Valerie Warner. Check it out...http://abclocal.go.com/wls/story?section=resources/inside_station/station_info&id=8146742

I slept right through it, but had set the DVR. It wasn't too bad, definitely a work in progress.

-Val Warner needs to think before she speaks.

-If they're in the kitchen, they really should try to cook something.

-If the Mayor of Chicago is on your show, he shouldn't have to ask for something to drink.

-Val's grandmother should become a regular on the show.

-Eli's still makes awesome-looking cheesecakes.

Like I said, not too bad-I'm sure it'll evolve over time!

-If the mayor of Chicago is on your show, he shouldn't have to ask for something to drink.

Better sell some sponsorship on those coffee mugs, too. Even Rahm knows that's valuable real estate.

Better sell some sponsorship on those coffee mugs, too. Even Rahm knows that's valuable real estate.

I don't think WLS management has allowed coffee mug advertising on any of their shows. It's something I know Emily Barr isn't a fan. But if they were to do that, that's something that would come over time. You gotta remember, when a show cancels and a new one starts, It's pretty much starting all over again new with the advertisers so you may see much shorter commercial breaks at first or much more station promos than you'd normally see. Advertisers won't continue to pay the same real estate they were paying with Oprah. I would give it a month before you see a "set group" of advertisers on the new show. Kind of like when WBBM switched from morning news to monsters back to morning news. It had to be a clean slate with the advertisers each time there was a switch.

Like anything else, it's a work in progress so give it time. I wouldn't judge based on what you see today or even the first month or 2. People forget that many shows like Oprah or Regis's "The Morning Show" (now "Live! w/") were huge work in progresses when they first came on the air. Especially the fact that this is a locally produced show, not a huge budget Hollywood production is a big giveaway that it will be a work in progress.

I don't think WLS management has allowed coffee mug advertising on any of their shows.

I would bet there's an AE at WLS that just can't wait to sell the space on that mug. Unless, of course, they already put in an order for "WCL" logo mugs after the show. Might be missing an opportunity sometime down the line.

I can't get over how much the open looks like Live w/ Regis & Kelly's. I kind of expected something a little more original.

The show itself was okay, a tad cheesy and awkward at times, but it'll get better I'm sure.

I can't get over how much the open looks like Live w/ Regis & Kelly's. I kind of expected something a little more original.

The show itself was okay, a tad cheesy and awkward at times, but it'll get better I'm sure.

I couldn't watch more than 10 minutes of it. Hopefully, it will get better over time.

• 1 month later...

The graphics look like 'Regis and Kelly' because they were done by Big Machine Design...the same company that designed 'Regis and Kelly".

I'm assuming those were those done in conjunction with GO, correct? Both sites have demos featuring the same stuff.

• 1 month later...

Photos of the Windy City Live set have been added Chicago Scenic's website. The set was designed by Jeff Hall Design; however, like the BDI news set (and most other TV/news sets in Chicago), it was built by Chicago Scenic.

http://www.chicagoscenic.com/projects/tv/18-windy-1.asp

What's interesting is that the Windy City Live set is almost the same set up studio-wise as Live with Regis and Kelly in New York and the old WABC news set.. Windy City Live shares the same street level studio as their main news set being located directly behind the news set.

Photos of the Windy City Live set have been added Chicago Scenic's website. The set was designed by Jeff Hall Design; however, like the BDI news set (and most other TV/news sets in Chicago), it was built by Chicago Scenic.

http://www.chicagosc.../18-windy-1.asp

What's interesting is that the Windy City Live set is almost the same set up studio-wise as Live with Regis and Kelly in New York and the old WABC news set.. Windy City Live shares the same street level studio as their main news set being located directly behind the news set.

I still can't stand those window duratrans. They're too realistic, if that makes sense, like they were just dropped in from a pile of rejected news set duratrans.

And what's this thing on their website about the weather center? Did they really remove the weather center from the main set because they couldn't do weather cutaways with Windy City Live going on? Couldn't they have just stuck a camera in the weather office for the rare chance there's some weather to cut away for? I mean, here we have to put up with this frequently...

And what's this thing on their website about the weather center? Did they really remove the weather center from the main set because they couldn't do weather cutaways with Windy City Live going on? Couldn't they have just stuck a camera in the weather office for the rare chance there's some weather to cut away for? I mean, here we have to put up with this frequently...

They still have the weather center on the main set for the live newscasts. The weather center upstairs they duplicated IS in the weather office they've used for many years now and where they do most of their work. However, it still matched their old set, not the current set so they just had it updated to match their current set. The photo on the website with Tracy Butler sitting in it is before they moved all their "junk" (filing cabinets under the desk / back counter, personal picture frames, coat rack, office supplies, piles of papers, etc.) back into it.

As for the window duratrans.. I believe they are photos/images they already had in stock from Hothaus.

Archived