Favorite custom packages

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The classic and popular Mayoham slogans such as "Move Closer to Your World", "Part of Your Life", "Bringing It Home to You" I know are trademarked.and were used with the music package of the same title as the stations had to buy the rights to the slogan and theme.

This probably merits its own topic, but who owns Move Closer To Your World these days? I actually suspect ABC owns the theme outright (I remember reading, long ago, that stations who wanted the newer remasters needed to go through them directly) but I'm not 100% sure...

This probably merits its own topic, but who owns Move Closer To Your World these days? I actually suspect ABC owns the theme outright (I remember reading, long ago, that stations who wanted the newer remasters needed to go through them directly) but I'm not 100% sure...

On the 615 Music page on the "Action News Arrangements" demo it says "Melody owned by ABC" so I would assume you're correct.

Ntropolis, the NMSA has added "News People" and a sample of their promo campaign for WRAL.

Yeah... probably because I mentioned it here. The promo is here:

They used it when they were using this news theme though, which isn't News People:

• 1 month later...

The WDIV theme has always been pretty good. Of course, there's the "original"

Then we got, oh let's just call it New Generation

Gives them some uniqueness, because they are surely not the generic NBC affiliate that uses The Tower and all.

• 4 weeks later...

Here are some of the best:

Gari's custom packages for WTAE, WXIA, WMGM, KXTV, & WJXT (2009)

Arnold: Custom WFAA News Package (2000-2004), Daybreak (WFAA's 2001-2004 morning news theme), News Matrix with The Spirit Signature, & Custom WWL News Package (2004-2006)

3rd St: KUSA & KARE 11 News Packages

WFAA's 1992 theme, WGNO's 1996 theme & WDIV's 2007 theme

• 2 months later...

My favorite custom package is The Tower with the Working for You signature because that sig tells you, "You're on WRC, we have the signature, we'll hook you into the news" And heck, the closing cut of the package is beyond amazing!

My favorites that I will mention have three things in common (both from Hampton Roads, both examples come from newscast uploads and their supporting image campaigns -- over two years after sending the links to NMSA -- have yet to be added)

1985-89 WAVY Theme (You're Covered era):

Late 1980s WTKR Theme (Discover the Land of the 3):

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I'm growing to really like Michael Karp's New Age News. The two different eras of KPIX opens that went with it AND the package are things that could have only been done in San Francisco. But they are amazing.

• 1 year later...

My favorite custom packages are a pair by Edd Kalehoff.

The Today's 4 Theme, used by WBZ when they branded as Today's 4 (an era I've already mentioned a few times I'm in love with): http://southernmedia-nmsa.com/#3,1,214

Grandeur, used by WCBS and dropped too soon: http://southernmedia-nmsa.com/#3,1,215

• 4 weeks later...

How can we forget about WPIX's custom theme from Nonstop that they've used for so long. I was so pissed in 2010 when they dropped it. Here's a link to a long close from 2008:

I was extremely pissed as well. That was the worst move they'd ever done. This was probably their best theme they'd ever had. If not as top as MCTYW and the Sakayama theme.

Some of my favorite themes come from the Miami market.

I always loved the WSVN Custom Crane themes from 1994 till the current 2011 version. Can't wait for Crane to do something new! WSVN overall in my opinion runs one of the best news broadcasts ever.

Another great custom theme is the still unknown WTVJ Custom Package that went with the new O&O graphics in 2012. Many do say that these are great themes and I think so as well, but anyone can disagree!

And yes, the WPIX Custom Package from Nonstop is another of my favorites, especially being in NY watching the newscasts. After the demise of the package went the downfall of WPIX, like the decline of an ancient empire. Each piece falls out of line, and the whole product turns bad.

Some of my favorite themes come from the Miami market.

I always loved the WSVN Custom Crane themes from 1994 till the current 2011 version. Can't wait for Crane to do something new! WSVN overall in my opinion runs one of the best news broadcasts ever.

Another great custom theme is the still unknown WTVJ Custom Package that went with the new O&O graphics in 2012. Many do say that these are great themes and I think so as well, but anyone can disagree!

And yes, the WPIX Custom Package from Nonstop is another of my favorites, especially being in NY watching the newscasts. After the demise of the package went the downfall of WPIX, like the decline of an ancient empire. Each piece falls out of line, and the whole product turns bad.

My God. The new WTVJ theme. :thatshot:

Archived