"NewsHour" studio question

bmasters1

Something I've always wondered about "The MacNeil/Lehrer Newshour": why was it that the two major presenters then (Jim Lehrer in Washington and Robert MacNeil in New York) presented from studios that were identical (or almost identical)? By that I mean, both studios had a repeating "News Hour" title as a backdrop.

Guest NewsHound

Not quite sure. However, looking at shows like Larry King Live or Anderson Cooper 360, a lot of correspondents in other cities and such that were on those shows broadcasted from identical sets. Larry King on his last show had an exactly identical set in New York, Los Angeles, Chicago, and Atlanta, no multi-colored world map dot out of place.

I respect Jim Lehrer, he's one of the last great national/world news anchors out there, especially in evening news. I love me some Brian Williams, but Lehrer has a long respected legacy with PBS, he's been doing the show long before I was even born. It will be a pretty sad day when he retires.

Archived