WWSB Debuts New Graphics

Weeters

I haven't seen the KRQE version, but these show an un-GO-like lack of attention to detail. That chroma ring lens flare at 2 seconds looks clunky, and I'm going to hope that the station provided their own footage, because the shot by the bridge shows that the lens is pretty dirty. There are some other things I don't like, but what is going on with GO lately? Are the small markets getting a better rate by losing out on quality?

Reminds me of the WTOV package, where it looks like the station was left to do its own titling. Bleeech.

The idea is good, the concept is OK (despite the dueling slogans) but the final product is subpar.

Not only does WFTS not cover the Sarasota area on a regular basis, WWSB has been an ABC affiliate a lot longer than WFTS has. Also, WWSB is the only local TV news source for many Sarasota area residents as SNN is only on Comcast.

Love how the ABC logo appears to just be pasted on over a sphere. Not even cropped to fit either.

Yikes.

It does indeed. Their old ABC logo on the old graphics was crooked. They just can't get it right...

Giant Octopus isn't what they used to be. I favor Hothaus these days.

Guest qunewsguy

It looks like WWSB bought the barebones version of the graphics package. Custom logo animation, animating background, plus the Photoshop design files, leaving the affiliate to do all the design work. There's no way Giant Octopus did an open like that, even though I agree they're not the firm they were a few years ago.

Archived