Rob Johnson and Kate Sullivan on CBS's "The Good Wife"

15connects

According to Rob Johnson's facebook page, Kate and Rob will be featured for a few minutes on Tuesday's "The Good Wife" at 9pm on CBS 2. [fb]1968073327495[/fb]

I've been seeing that promo for a couple days now. It's kind of funny that Rob Johnson and Kate Sullivan are really the only "real" Chicago elements on that show..

It really gets me how much people that work for the city and for Cook County in that show are white. Apparently, nobody that produces the show has ever visited a Cook County office or City of Chicago office before..

Isn't Fox's The Chicago Code really bad in that sense too? I haven't watched it, but that's what I've heard.

The difference is that it's good to see CBS 2's news on The Good Wife. Seeing WFLD's news on The Chicago Code would be embarrassing. :confused:

(or do they actually use WFLD's news on that show?)

Isn't Fox's The Chicago Code really bad in that sense too? I haven't watched it, but that's what I've heard.

The difference is that it's good to see CBS 2's news on The Good Wife. Seeing WFLD's news on The Chicago Code would be embarrassing. :confused:

(or do they actually use WFLD's news on that show?)

I don't watch that show either but I've heard Chicago Code is bad in that sense too.. All the action packed police kicking in the front door, guns constantly pointed, hiding around the corner which is very opposite of how the Chicago police department operates. And once again, WAY TOO MANY white people in the police department and working for the city..

No, I haven't seen/heard of The Chicago Code using WFLD's news on the show.. It's probably a better idea they don't. If they did, I'm sure Bob Sirrott would be demanding a huge raise or something too.

I don't watch that show either but I've heard Chicago Code is bad in that sense too.. All the action packed police kicking in the front door, guns constantly pointed, hiding around the corner which is very opposite of how the Chicago police department operates. And once again, WAY TOO MANY white people in the police department and working for the city..

No, I haven't seen/heard of The Chicago Code using WFLD's news on the show.. It's probably a better idea they don't. If they did, I'm sure Bob Sirrott would be demanding a huge raise or something too.

I only watched the pilot, but I'm 99% sure Robin Robinson was on doing a field report outside of a precinct, unlike R&K being in-studio.

I only watched the pilot, but I'm 99% sure Robin Robinson was on doing a field report outside of a precinct, unlike R&K being in-studio.

You are correct.. I just had someone check out the full credits from the pilot. I guess it's something that she just didn't care to have known to people.

You are correct.. I just had someone check out the full credits from the pilot. I guess it's something that she just didn't care to have known to people.

She's worried about scarring her her career by being on a not-totally-successful tv show, yet stays at Fox Chicago. Some things just don't make sense. :confused:

FOX Chicago News has been featured (in various ways) in several episodes of 'The Chicago Code.' I don't know when the episode with Bob will air, but he apparently has a pretty big part.

Ratings-wise, 'TCC' does pretty good in Chicago, but not so much across the country, averaging somewhere between 7- 7 1/2 mil. each week (new episodes mind you). The better 'House' does as the lead-in, the better number(s) they get. However, because of DWTS, both shows are down from their previous averages.

The Chicago Code presents some bizarro version of WFLD.

And as for the Good Wife, which is filmed in New York? (Brooklyn, usually)

Both shows need to take pointers from CSI Miami, which use WFOR (Sunday's episode even used an improved version of the CBS O&O look.)

Both shows need to take pointers from CSI Miami, which use WFOR (Sunday's episode even used an improved version of the CBS O&O look.)

"bizarro version of WFLD"?? How much more bizarro can that station get? WFLD is just bizarro itself..

CBS wants their network shows to use their O&O station look for TV news purposes on their shows and if possible, the city's station personalities. For the Good Wife's purpose, the standard unmodified O&O look suits the show perfectly. Shows like CSI Miami that really like to "play things up", a modified O&O look suits them. I think they actually had to get CBS execs to agree on the modified look for CSI Miami.

Bizarro isn't really the best way to describe how WFLD is used/featured on 'TCC'. Robin was shown doing a live stand-up in some neighborhood, live trucks were featured several times at various locations and whenever there's some type of news conference, the FOX Chicago News mic is shown (with some unknown/unnamed person holding it). That's it so far.

During the 1st season of 'Prison Break', WFLD was featured much better. In fact, Bob showed up in one episode (even though he wasn't working @ WFLD at the time).

As far as Rob and Kate on 'the Good Wife'...you could tell they were "acting." There was no natural feel at all with what they were saying (if that makes sense).

As far as Rob and Kate on 'the Good Wife'...you could tell they were "acting." There was no natural feel at all with what they were saying (if that makes sense).

WE could tell they were acting because we live in the Chicago market, know how Rob and Kate actually interact with each other, how they really present the news and know what the real stories are in this market..

To most people around the country who don't know who they are, they would likely be more believable. Also, in many smaller markets, that's how many younger, newer, or just-out-of-school anchors are.. They have that "acting like an anchor" feel to them before they are truly comfortable with doing it.

Archived