New logo for KNBC?

eyewitness_news

Nobody's talked about KNBC's changes, so I will.

Like all the other NBC O&Os, KNBC in Los Angeles could soon have the new NBC O&O logo and graphics that are currently in use on their sister station, KNSD in San Diego. They're either going to rebrand themselves as "NBC Los Angeles" or "NBC 4 Los Angeles," but one thing's for sure, the "Channel 4 News" name is going bye-bye.

It's out there and it's NBC LA..It's on billboards, online, print ads, .even the anchors now say "You're watching NBC LA at (time)" rather than the Channel 4 News or NBC 4 LA. Additionally, local promotional ads are now using the NBC name only, i.e. "Watch Nate Berkus, Today at 2 on NBC." Yeah, the Channel 4 News had a long proud run, but the business is changing.

It also makes wonder if KNBC will probably alter its newscasts, maybe air an LX LA show at 5pm like WNBC, California Nonstop is supposed to be taking over.

Changing times.

I will be glad when they officially make the change.

The graphics say "The Channel 4 News". The anchors say "NBC LA @ ..."(no 4 mentioned). Most of the reporters this week have been sign off saying NBC "4" LA. Sometimes the lower 3rd say Channel 4 News and then on the next story it says NBC LA

As someone posted in a another thread, this has been the worst rollout of a new image campaign ever. Step 1 decide on your name.

PS I loved how Fred Roggin joked last week @ 11 that the sports desk name was too long. He has to say the "Universal Studio's Hollywood NBC 4 LA Sports Desk" although the announcer only says Universal Studios Hollywood Sports Desk.

Archived