FOX 29 news @ 5pm & new CBS 3 anchor

tdrtv

TV news news

Fox29 has a start date for its hour-long 5 p.m. newscast: Jan. 22, with Kerri-Lee Halkett soloing. Halkett will cede her spot on the 11 a.m. show (where she's paired with George Mallet) to Sharon Crowley, who now anchors the early shift. Dawn Stensland is due back in January from maternity leave to retake her 10 p.m. seat next to Dave Huddleston.

CBS3 is importing Jeff Herndon, 30, from the ABC station in Wichita, Kan., to anchor weekend evenings with Mary Stoker Smith, starting in mid-January. Philly is "one of those cities you can't help but fall in love with," said the lifelong Kansan on Friday. "I told my family, 'If I didn't get the job, I was going to come back and visit.' " He professes to root for the Phillies and Eagles, and he and wife Holli, in pharmaceutical sales, have a son, Laken. CBS3 may trumpet his journalistic chops, including an '05 jailhouse interview with "BTK killer" Dennis Rader, but a Google search unearthed another Herndon talent. During "sweeps" a few weeks ago, he and a partner won his newscast's "Dancing With the Local Stars" contest by getting down to Debelah Morgan's "Dance With Me." Realizing that this skill will follow him 1,200 miles from the 67th largest TV market to No. 4, Herndon gamely pointed out: "I'm a team player. This was a challenge. I didn't want to let my station down."

http://www.philly.com/mld/philly/16149518.htm

Fox 29 is getting a new morning news reporter. Clayton Morris from the Daily Buzz (is that the corny sindicated lifestyle show?). This could be a rumor but that what I am hearing.

Archived