TONIGHT: Scott Clark's Final Broadcast at WABC

Vlad

Well after 24 years at WABC-TV. Scott Clark will be retiring from WABC-TV. His retirement is voluntary. Tomorrow Rob Powers will take the reigns and hopefully will have a long tenure just like Scott. Laura Behnke has already settled in as WABC's weekend sports anchor. Scott was one of the greatest sports anchors in the metro-area. And I personally wish him the best. I will record the final moments of the broadcast and post it here and on YouTube.

Most of the time, on-air talent does not have the privilege to give a proper farewell, but in this rare exception, WABC gave a simple, yet very poignant send-off to a legend and a gentleman. I have only seen Scott's work a hand-full of times, but from that piece alone, I feel like I know him. May Mr. Clark enjoy decades of happiness in his future endeavors, and may we all, in the news business or not, wish him all the best!

Yes and she celebrates her 20th year at WABC this year. Bill Evans, however, has been there since 1989.

So so sad. I really liked Scott Clark. It is going to be a sad day when Bill Evans, Tim Fleischer, Art McFarland, and Diana Williams all retire. I hope that is not for a long time to come.

Scott Clark was of course the last of a breed of longtime sportscasters alongside Len Berman, Warner Wolf and Sal Marchiano. And in my mind, watching sports reports on any NYC Television Station (no matter which one) just won't be the same anymore.

So so sad. I really liked Scott Clark. It is going to be a sad day when Bill Evans, Tim Fleischer, Art McFarland, and Diana Williams all retire. I hope that is not for a long time to come.

Sarah Wallace and Jim Dolan are also from that era. NJ Burkett isn't far behind.

Sarah Wallace and Jim Dolan are also from that era. NJ Burkett isn't far behind.

Lucy Lang, Dr Jay Adlersberg, and Joe Nolan are also around from that era, no? Wow, what a track record WABC has with the roster nonetheless.

Archived