NBC/Comcast Deal Expected To Close in January

Weeters

NBC Universal CEO Jeff Zucker stated in an email sent to all company employees that the purchase of NBC Universal by Comcast is expected to be given the "green light" by government regulators in January 2011. The transaction is expected to close shortly after.

"As the year draws to a close, I wanted to extend to you, and your loved ones, the happiest of holidays and wish you each a very Happy New Year.

"This has been a fantastic year for our company, on both creative and business levels.

"Whether you think about the unbelievably successful Vancouver Olympics ... the worldwide sensation of the despicably adorable Minions ... Butterbeer and Chocolate Frogs flying off the shelves at the Wizarding World of Harry Potter ... and so much more ... 2010 was a year to remember for NBC Universal. And that is a complete tribute to each of you, whose hard work and dedication has made it all possible. Like the entire media industry, we are not without our challenges, but we are as well situated for them as anyone. Thanks to you.

"As you know, we are still awaiting government approval of the new joint venture between Comcast and GE, which will mark a whole new era for NBC Universal. We have made substantial progress this month with both the FCC and the Department of Justice, and expect that we will get a 'green light' in January. The official close of the transaction would happen shortly after government approval. Until then, of course, business continues as normal. And we will give you frequent updates once the new year begins.

"Meanwhile, I do hope that each of you will find some time in these next few weeks to be with family and loved ones, and to remember how fortunate we are.

"I send you my best wishes, wherever you are, for a wonderful holiday and very Happy New Year."

Well, is there any way I could stop NBC from renaming all of their O&O's "NBC (insert city name)"? Also, How could I get WNBC to do away with that awful LX NY show? AND create a 4pm News before WABC does?

STOP RUINING THE COMPLEXION OF NBC NOW!!! :mad:

• 2 weeks later...

Archived