Heidi Jones, WTF?

Harry Houdini

Members on here should know by watching the news that just because someone is accused of something, it doesn't always mean it's true or fact.

Though these are hefty allegations, and it would be an awful thing to lie about, remember that it isn't fact yet. She has yet to be proven guilty, or even arrested. I hate that people jump to conclusions without stating that they're only allegations (not just in this case, but in many situations like this on TVNT).

I have no idea who this woman is, and none of you personally know her, so hold judgement. This is a tough thing to deal with for her and everyone associated with her.

I have to agree with you 100% Nate. We actually don't know if any of this is true. Sure the police and the media say its true, but thats their job. But utlimately we don't know whats going on in Heidi's head. What if someone really did rape her and told her not to report it to the police? These are possibilities as well. So we still have to give her the benefit of the doubt especially as she hasn't been in court yet.

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I've been extremely busy this week with finals and all so I haven't been able to read this story untill now. I must say however that this comes as an extreme shock to me and I think that this is a very low blow for Heidi because she's been such a great meteorologist and potential anchor with a bright future ahead of her. I consider this almost like a death of her because she had so much great potential and she literally just threw it all away. She had opportunities that many people just yearn for, literally broadcasting the weather without a degree in the very competitive New York Market. So I'm really stunned and actually a bit pissed off, that she did something like this. Such a stupid move on her part. She literally ruined her life. I don't care what anyone says its hard to recover from a criminal act in any career, let alone something as professional as broadcast television. And, heh, good luck in finding a job with that track record in this ailing economy.

Now, the only thing that we need to understand fully though is the full reason why this occured. Right now details are still sketchy and there is no concrete truth to this story so we can't really make accusations untill this was placed in court Of course the initial response is to believe that she's a liar, etc. Its Human Nature, But we are not in Heidi's mind. We don't know what she's thinking. We don't know what the real reason may be for her to be doing something like this.

I do think though she does lack judgement though. She could've done something else besides this if she wanted attention. And I strongly believe that her career is over as a result of this. Because this is a criminal act, she decieved police that could have been tending to real cases. (There are real murderers and rapists out there that need to be arrested.) Now sure we can talk about Steve Bartelstein, Alicia Lane, Larry Mendte, etcetera but these people are no where near where Heidi is.

In fact Steve Bartelstein, was reportedly suffering from an undiagnosed testicular cancer during his final days at WABC back in 2007. Some say he's a Night crawler, bar hopper and drug addict. These are probably just false accusations and rumors that I doubt are real. If they were real he probably would not have had a job as broadcasters tend to do extensive background checks.

Anyway these people did not comit criminal offenses. So they can restart their careers elsewhere. I don't think we'll ever see her on television again if this is all true. Whether she's convicted or not, she probably will be terminated from WABC and ABC.

Vlad -

While I agree with you about Heidi - it was all really a huge shock... and very disappointing... Bartelstein really was an addict. He had MAJOR issues... totally unrelated to his testicular cancer. These issues were apparent for years, and managment just got fed up with it. He had MANY MANY chances to change his ways - after all, after he was arrested for stalking Rod McCullum, he was suspended and still invited back on the air, after his public outing and all. He was a great journalist and anchor - and no one wanted to mess with the chemistry that worked. But in the end, he had to go. He wouldn't clean up his act. His meth addiction took over his life and better judgment.

I'm reminded of Mark Danon, a WCBS weatherman who was busted buying cocaine between newscasts. Found guilty, fired, and went into rehab. Now I think he's doing the weather somewhere in the Pacific Northwest.

He was a dreamboat too...I never recovered from the loss!

Heidi was almost out of her contract and working in her one year extension. At 37, female, that could be scary.

I'll say it again. If Rick "Einstein" Sanchez can get back on the air after killing someone with his car, drinking and leaving the scene, everyone has another chance. Look at "Client # 9". Disgraced governor Spitzer got his own show, albeit on CNN.

Saying it was a result of dissapointment or trouble in her personal life, usually leads to an exposed affair with a married man or an about to be exposed afffair, or a threat of one. Or the other extreme the outing of a gay affair by a gay partner or co worker that is trying to knock her. out of the picture. The outing of being gay seems to fit

Saying it was a result of dissapointment or trouble in her personal life, usually leads to an exposed affair with a married man or an about to be exposed afffair, or a threat of one. Or the other extreme the outing of a gay affair by a gay partner or co worker that is trying to knock her. out of the picture. The outing of being gay seems to fit

Honestly I thought of this too. I didn't think it was right to post what I think her personal problems are especially as we have no right to do so, but we are all entitled to our opinions and i'm gonna speculate that she probably needed attention because either she was involved somehow with a man or perhaps a woman. Or it could even be issues with her sexuality and self esteem. I think it is an internal conflict with her sexuality and self esteem issue but of course we don't know the real truth until the courts prove it so. Either way she should seek counseling and help for whatever is going on with her.

But I still do not understand how lying to the police would help her with personal issues in her life. She should've seeked help from a psychologist regarding this issue. Not lie to the police and ruin her career. But I gotta say she hid whatever is going on with her pretty well as you would've never known by just looking at her on TV. Hence why it comes as a shock to so many people. Anyway time will reveal the actual truth and mysteries surrounding Heidi.

I take your word. With MSNBC's ratings in the tank, their website can't be drawinging much attention. IMHO. Maybe when the big sweep comes in next year, things will change. As of now, the station is not a factor in real news.

A bit of a digression, however, msnbc.com is in fact the third most popular website for news in the United States, only behind Yahoo and CNN. MSNBC.com, by the way, is run separately from the cable channel and the cable channel will be taking over the msnbc.com domain soon while NBC News splits off to its own domain name.

Read more:

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/10/07/business/media/07msnbc.html?_r=1&scp=1&sq=MSNBC.com+%2B+NBC+News&st=nyt

Heidi made two serious mistakes: she lied to authorities about details in a police investigation.

Further, she chose an ethnic minority to pin the false accusation on. I don't need to tell everyone that's a serious mistake. In a city like NYC or for that matter any major city with a large minority population that won't play well.

Lying is one thing. Lying about an incident involving a minority is PR mess that ABC can't afford. She'll probably get the boot, and there won't be many stations that will want here on the staff. They can't take the risk of her implying sexually harassment. You can't cry wolf about rape. It's taken too seriously.

A bit of a digression, however, msnbc.com is in fact the third most popular website for news in the United States, only behind Yahoo and CNN. MSNBC.com, by the way, is run separately from the cable channel and the cable channel will be taking over the msnbc.com domain soon while NBC News splits off to its own domain name.

Read more:

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/10/07/business/media/07msnbc.html?_r=1&scp=1&sq=MSNBC.com+%2B+NBC+News&st=nyt

Is Drudge on your list? Where is it?

Withh MSNBC(cable) coming in 4th or 5th in a 3 man race, they really don't count anymore.

Is Drudge on your list? Where is it?

Withh MSNBC(cable) coming in 4th or 5th in a 3 man race, they really don't count anymore.

Well, according to Drudge's sources, he is #9 on the list, with Yahoo, Weather Channel, MSNBC and CNN in the top 4. See for yourself: http://www.drudgereport.com/hit.pdf

If television ratings had anything to do with .com ratings, then FOXNews.com should be the highest ranked cable news website. You're comparing apples to oranges.

Back to the subject at hand:

Has there been any further information about the "personal" problems that precipitated this event?

I've read on some of the other, more gossipy newsgroups that Heidi was dumped by her girlfriend not too long ago. But that's gossip - I wonder if there's been any substantive information released.

Back to the subject at hand:

Has there been any further information about the "personal" problems that precipitated this event?

I've read on some of the other, more gossipy newsgroups that Heidi was dumped by her girlfriend not too long ago. But that's gossip - I wonder if there's been any substantive information released.

I don't think anything will be talked about untill at least after the court date in January..

• 2 weeks later...

Well at least she came clean before it became worse, she is still in a black hole though career wise and I don't think she'll ever be on TV again. Whenever you have criminal charges on your record its just so difficult to get jobs nowadays. Unless she's lucky like Spitzer and gets her own show, which I don't see happening anytime soon...

• 4 weeks later...

Archived