Heidi Jones, WTF?

Harry Houdini

Hey, nynewsguy. Honestly, the web folks on the third floor don't know what to do with her bio page. It was removed for almost four hours after the noon broadcast. Now it's back up. I think they are afraid of a wrongful termination suit. Give me a break! If they removed her picture in the hallway, remove her bio page too. The whole building knows she committed career suicide (NYPD arrested her at WABC, after Saturday's newscast) and she's not coming back. Goodbye, Heidi.

i don't think they know what to do with the bios at all. Jeff Rossen's bio is still up and he's been at NBC for 2 years now. And the bio page still comes up when you google search jeff rossen.

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Heidi Jones graces the cover of the Post yet again today. WABC staffers feel betrayed http://www.nypost.com/p/news/local/manhattan/cold_front_at_channel_SMMCMc3cRRH9FclY0wfWBP

Heard about the story on TODAY this morning, and was also wondering what she could have been thinking with that stunt.

And yeah, for lying about something as serious as rape, I would seriously question the sanity of any GM that tries to hire her after this.

Now that I think of it, as long as the clowns are running the show at PIX she's still got a chance in this market.

Hey, nynewsguy. Honestly, the web folks on the third floor don't know what to do with her bio page. It was removed for almost four hours after the noon broadcast. Now it's back up. I think they are afraid of a wrongful termination suit. Give me a break! If they removed her picture in the hallway, remove her bio page too. The whole building knows she committed career suicide (NYPD arrested her at WABC, after Saturday's newscast) and she's not coming back. Goodbye, Heidi.

Hey Netnewsguy...

You're right... I think just to keep things "kosher"... they're leaving up the bio page until there is an "official" announcement of termination.

Yes, I heard about the arrest on Saturday at the station... was still the talk of the 4th floor on Monday morning.

If anyone doubts that her career at ABC is over, the story has made national news... http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/40683562/ns/today-today_people/

Hey! We're talking about a weather gal here. She's not dead yet. Some time off, a different station, a different market could work.

If the late Rick Sanchez could find work on CNN after killing someone and leaving the scene, then there's a chance for anyone to get back on the air.

BTW MSNBC is not national news. :) Unwatchable, yes.

Hey! We're talking about a weather gal here. She's not dead yet. Some time off, a different station, a different market could work.

If the late Rick Sanchez could find work on CNN after killing someone and leaving the scene, then there's a chance for anyone to get back on the air.

BTW MSNBC is not national news. :) Unwatchable, yes.

go to www.today.msnbc.com. As of about an hour ago, it was the top story, front and center. It was a 7 minute segment on this mornings TODAY show.

I take your word. With MSNBC's ratings in the tank, their website can't be drawinging much attention. IMHO. Maybe when the big sweep comes in next year, things will change. As of now, the station is not a factor in real news.

BTW Drudge had on his site the other day. His site must beat the above by 10-20 fold. That could kill any career, but we can't discount the "Rick Sanchez Factor".

Look guys, if Alycia Lane, Larry Mendte, Steve Bartelstein, and list goes on and on, can all come back and get high profile gigs after screwing up, then anyone can. With some serious counseling and a little time off, she can have a job again, probably not in the big apple though.

Look guys, if Alycia Lane, Larry Mendte, Steve Bartelstein, and list goes on and on, can all come back and get high profile gigs after screwing up, then anyone can. With some serious counseling and a little time off, she can have a job again, probably not in the big apple though.

I'm sorry, but the people you just named troubles pales in comparison to what Heidi pulled. What she did "allegedly" is a career suicide in any profession, and that does includes broadcast journalism as well.

Her facebook page is now off line... Ther were many nasty comments earlier..feel kinda bad cause something is obviously very wrong...the personal problems she said she was having couldn't be as bad as what she has going on now.

It's pathetic how all the online cowards have to start attacking her now, without knowing her whole story. Oh well that's the internet for you :)

Hey Netnewsguy...

You're right... I think just to keep things "kosher"... they're leaving up the bio page until there is an "official" announcement of termination.

Yes, I heard about the arrest on Saturday at the station... was still the talk of the 4th floor on Monday morning.

If anyone doubts that her career at ABC is over, the story has made national news... http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/40683562/ns/today-today_people/

I thought I saw heidi on the Sunday night news ? if not, was it Jeff who covered?

She may or may not have said rape or attempted rape, the point is she admitted to fabricating a crime. How one classifies an attempted sexual assault may be classified as a rape or some other type of crime by the NYPD. Either way, now she's just playing with her words.

---

Among Jones' only defenders yesterday was her mother in Florida, who claimed that Jones never used the word "rape" when she described the alleged attack to police.

"I have no comment. I do know that the word 'rape' was never used," the mom said.

Read more: http://www.nypost.com/p/news/local/manhattan/cold_front_at_channel_SMMCMc3cRRH9FclY0wfWBP#ixzz18QOIx5SD

I've been extremely busy this week with finals and all so I haven't been able to read this story untill now. I must say however that this comes as an extreme shock to me and I think that this is a very low blow for Heidi because she's been such a great meteorologist and potential anchor with a bright future ahead of her. I consider this almost like a death of her because she had so much great potential and she literally just threw it all away. She had opportunities that many people just yearn for, literally broadcasting the weather without a degree in the very competitive New York Market. So I'm really stunned and actually a bit pissed off, that she did something like this. Such a stupid move on her part. She literally ruined her life. I don't care what anyone says its hard to recover from a criminal act in any career, let alone something as professional as broadcast television. And, heh, good luck in finding a job with that track record in this ailing economy.

Now, the only thing that we need to understand fully though is the full reason why this occured. Right now details are still sketchy and there is no concrete truth to this story so we can't really make accusations untill this was placed in court Of course the initial response is to believe that she's a liar, etc. Its Human Nature, But we are not in Heidi's mind. We don't know what she's thinking. We don't know what the real reason may be for her to be doing something like this.

I do think though she does lack judgement though. She could've done something else besides this if she wanted attention. And I strongly believe that her career is over as a result of this. Because this is a criminal act, she decieved police that could have been tending to real cases. (There are real murderers and rapists out there that need to be arrested.) Now sure we can talk about Steve Bartelstein, Alicia Lane, Larry Mendte, etcetera but these people are no where near where Heidi is.

In fact Steve Bartelstein, was reportedly suffering from an undiagnosed testicular cancer during his final days at WABC back in 2007. Some say he's a Night crawler, bar hopper and drug addict. These are probably just false accusations and rumors that I doubt are real. If they were real he probably would not have had a job as broadcasters tend to do extensive background checks.

Anyway these people did not comit criminal offenses. So they can restart their careers elsewhere. I don't think we'll ever see her on television again if this is all true. Whether she's convicted or not, she probably will be terminated from WABC and ABC.

Members on here should know by watching the news that just because someone is accused of something, it doesn't always mean it's true or fact.

Though these are hefty allegations, and it would be an awful thing to lie about, remember that it isn't fact yet. She has yet to be proven guilty, or even arrested. I hate that people jump to conclusions without stating that they're only allegations (not just in this case, but in many situations like this on TVNT).

I have no idea who this woman is, and none of you personally know her, so hold judgement. This is a tough thing to deal with for her and everyone associated with her.

Archived