David Nevaro returns to WABC

abc7 Man

I remember a while back that someone posted that WABC was looking for a Sportscaster and an Anchor...I never actually saw the post on their website and never heard anything about any of the anchors leaving but i guess its possible.

Sports director Scott Clark is retiring next month and weekend sports anchor Rob Powers will take over his spot on weeknights.

What could he possibly do though? The station is not in need of any new news anchors at least not to my knowledge. I don't see anything wrong with their current anchor lineup as well. Unless someone is stepping down from their position. I don't see a need for an additional anchor for WABC. Is he planning on doing sports because thats what they are in need of.

What could he possibly do though? The station is not in need of any new news anchors at least not to my knowledge. I don't see anything wrong with their current anchor lineup as well. Unless someone is stepping down from their position. I don't see a need for an additional anchor for WABC. Is he planning on doing sports because thats what they are in need of.

It's a possibility. He has filled in for sports at WFLD. However, my guesses are leaning towards a reporter/fill-in anchor (for the time being, at least).

Word is that most abc o&o stations that carry oprah will replace her with news at 4pm. Perhaps he may be on tap to anchor that newscast

wait...so would that mean that the news would be from 4-6:30?

KABC has been doing that for I-don't-know how long. But just a little off-topic, would KABC then go with news from 3 to 6:30? That would be even more ridiculous...

...Now back on topic...

I read that KABC would pick up the Dr. Oz show next year.

Yes, that is true. KABC will pick up Dr. Oz next year, so their void will be filled by that. But I keep reading over and over that most of the O&Os that carry Oprah will go to news at 4pm.

Yes, that is true. KABC will pick up Dr. Oz next year, so their void will be filled by that. But I keep reading over and over that most of the O&Os that carry Oprah will go to news at 4pm.

I'm not sure that news at 4 pm works in New York.

Next fall should be interesting. Whatever replaces Oprah at 4pm will have a huge impact on whether or not WABC maintains it's long-running 5 & 6pm crown.

I believe David Novarro is filling in as anchor on the weekends and general assignment reporting. I also don't see the station launching a 4pm newscast after Oprah. What works for stations in LA or DC may not work in NYC. Channel 2 had a 4pm newscast twice and failed twice.

I don't necessarily think that news at 4pm is a good idea either. All I am saying is that I have read it in numerous articles that most abc o&o will go with news at 4 pm. I don't see why Wabc would do otherwise. Most of the articles cite that it is cheaper for the stations to go this route.

Unless a synidie that can pull ratings at 4, (like Judge Judy) becomes available or ABC decides to get creative to fill the gaps at their O&O's... I do believe the current plan is for a 4PM newscast on channel 7.

It would be anchored by the current evening team... More than likely Sade & Diana at 4&6 and Bill & Liz at 5 & 11. Or some combination of them.

I've even heard Diana & Bill at 4&6, Sade & Liz at 5... and Bill & Liz at 11... but I think that's getting a bit too creative.

Change isn't popular at WABC, and losing Oprah will be a big change...

Unless a synidie that can pull ratings at 4, (like Judge Judy) becomes available or ABC decides to get creative to fill the gaps at their O&O's... I do believe the current plan is for a 4PM newscast on channel 7.

It would be anchored by the current evening team... More than likely Sade & Diana at 4&6 and Bill & Liz at 5 & 11. Or some combination of them.

I've even heard Diana & Bill at 4&6, Sade & Liz at 5... and Bill & Liz at 11... but I think that's getting a bit too creative.

Change isn't popular at WABC, and losing Oprah will be a big change...

Yes, with the debut of the Super Duper Mega Studio, right?

Yes, with the debut of the Super Duper Mega Studio, right?

Hey, say what you want about the studio. Had it not been for Disney cutting back on budgets around the country, TV13 was going to be totally made over. the plans were in-house, and designs were drawn up. It included moving R&K.

Laugh and say all you want - one day, it'll happen. No crow for me.

Hey, say what you want about the studio. Had it not been for Disney cutting back on budgets around the country, TV13 was going to be totally made over. the plans were in-house, and designs were drawn up. It included moving R&K.

But, for now, enjoy the roasted crow, House specialty

But, for now, enjoy the roasted crow, House specialty

Not gonna be sorry just because I passed along information that got set aside for the time being. Plus, I prefer my crow deep fried - tastes more like chicken that way.

oh-boy-here-we-go.jpg

Archived