Local station on air logos used after a commerical break during network programamming

jero23

I've noticed that in recent years more and more local stations will use their on-air logo during network programming immediately after commercial breaks or throughout the entire programming block.

I just wanted to know in your individual market(s) do you know of this occurring.

I've noticed that in recent years more and more local stations will use their on-air logo during network programming immediately after commercial breaks or throughout the entire programming block.

I just wanted to know in your individual market(s) do you know of this occurring.

Most stations put up a small bug briefly to ID themselves after commercials during primetime. As for "throughout the entire programming block" I assume you're talking about FOX. FOX stations do something differently, where the bug alternates between generic FOX bug and a localized bug. A engineer for a FOX station on another forum I go to explained exactly how this works (it was something like every other program block caused it to change), but I forgot the specifics.

Then there are stations like WISN who have been known to put their logo next to the network bug (usually during news programming only). It's probably just to reinforce their news programming branding.

Also anyone listing stations in this thread will have their post deleted. Like, 95% of stations do this.

Hope this doesn't count as a "List", but NBC's NameDropper HD does this coming back into network programming. They also give affiliates one "insert" L3 animation too (something like "Your Titan Forecast Tonight at 11", stations render it daily and drop it into their NameDropper, then the network triggers when it wants to put it in), and it matches network's usual insert the network displays.

I like it when stations do this; I prefer to see local branding rather than network.

However, I hate it when they put up local news snipes, especially when they cut down the network HD to 1980s quality SD for over a minute. My local NBC affiliate does this to promote their 11 PM news a few times per hour during primetime.

It's the opposite here. Stations used to show their logo coming back from break, but stopped a few years ago. However, WVBT (FOX) does do the logo on HD thing as mentioned above.

I have a tape of a movie recorded from Myrtle Beach's WPDE in 1999, and their logo is onscreen alongside the ABC bug the entire time.

KSWB only uses their on air logo the sideways FOX 5 (not the generic custom fox o&o look used on their newscast) during evening programming but can only be seen on the HD channel.

during Family Guy you can see the FOX 5 on the standard and HD since they box out the video feed for the HD to fit in the standard channel

KNSD - not sure if they use the local news inserts, its been a while since i've seen it happen after the name dropper

KFMB uses their CBS version of the name dropper and they still havent updated the local insert. the current one is this boxy thing you see on CBS programming "you're watching CSI: Miami" and then KFMB will insert last seasons name dropper when CBS had that wavy type animation graphic "tonight at 11 on NEWS 8"

KGTV inserts their own "tonight at 11" with the hothaus graphics from time to time

Archived