One Night Only?..Bob Sirott and Marianne Murciano to anchor FOX Chicago 9PM Newscast

Jase

"Ten years after they anchored their last newscast together on WFLD-Channel 32, husband-and-wife Bob Sirott and Marianne Murciano will be teamed up again on the Fox-owned station. Murciano is expected to fill in for Robin Robinson alongside Sirott on Fox Chicago’s 9 p.m. newscast Friday, Nov. 5." - Robert Feder

This is no doubt a sweeps stunt that probably shouldn't happen.

This news has been floating around a while even before Feder posted it.. One day my ass. Don't be surprised if Murciano is worked into a permanent position at the station.

However, Marianne Murciano isn't Bill Kurtis, Walter Jacobson, or even Robin Robinson level material. Much of the market won't care that she's back or would even know who the heck she is. I doubt there will be any effect in ratings. Of course ratings were good when they were on FOX Thing In The Morning. People LOVED seeing those two flirt on set. Now that they're married, all the "fun" stuff to watch from back then is gone. Why don't we just save some trouble and promote Bob Sirott to news director already? He seems to already have been doing the part and got his wife back in there..

However, Marianne Murciano isn't Bill Kurtis, Walter Jacobson, or even Robin Robinson level material. Much of the market won't care that she's back or would even know who the heck she is. I doubt there will be any effect in ratings. Of course ratings were good when they were on FOX Thing In The Morning. People LOVED seeing those two flirt on set. Now that they're married, all the "fun" stuff to watch from back then is gone.

[YT]AeyqS9BDPds[/YT]

One thing to note is that there's no Executive Producer, so Sirott can do/is doing whatever he wants. Reportedly, Bob has to sign off on whomever WFLD decides to hire as EP of the newscast as well.

• 2 weeks later...

Marianne was a bit rusty, but more importantly, the entire newscast was very awkward. Both Bob and Marianne acted strangely and the 'Don't I know you' hand off between them both was disastrous. Overall, a very, very bad idea this was.

Marianne was a bit rusty, but more importantly, the entire newscast was very awkward. Both Bob and Marianne acted strangely and the 'Don't I know you' hand off between them both was disastrous. Overall, a very, very bad idea this was.

Unfortunately, I missed it.. I got caught up on watching ABC 20/20 tonight. However, watching the videos on foxchicago.com (damn, the amount of pop-up ads they got on there now are horrible), she was rusty for sure. If this was morning news, it may have been ok and more fitting, but this definitely didn't work so well. However, she doesn't look bad at all.

Marianne's attitude didn't bother me, but neither it or her looks did anything to make the show more interesting too. The last female anchor who made things more interesting at FOX had to be Tamron Hall. Her attitude whether you like it or not plus Halle Berry looks were entertaining at the time.

Archived