Another Cablevision dispute

RGSJenkins

With less than 1 1/2 hours before the deadline at Midnight, Cablevision is fighting with the networks again as they battle with News Corp over fees.

http://www.cablevision.com/fox/index.jsp?ftrack=cvcfox

http://www.myfoxny.com/dpp/news/local_news/cablevision-negotiations-20101015

http://keepfoxon.com/fox

Cablevision spoof:

Thats why I left them about 4 months ago, this is just annoying and ridiculous, not that Cablevision is to blame for this, I just got tired of getting in the middle of these disputes. I just don't think it's fair thatthey are getting their customers in the middle of their issues. It's just not fair and both companies are wrong for this. Cablevision is trying to get their customers to do their dirty work by telling them to mass email FOX, while they are already paying for their service. It's not right.

Only WNYW, WWOR, WTXF, Nat Geo Wild, FOX Business and FOX Deportes are blocked. FOX News Channel, FX, SPEED, Nat Geo, and FOX Movie Channel are still on.

This is the video seen on Cablevision right now: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QyEM4hLA7Pg

I hate their excuse why their are channel by saying "greed." I see these spots are stupid, the ABC one made me laugh. "Maybe they need money for their low-incoming amusement parks." To me, having excuses like this is not a professional thing to do. Then again, I'm no longer a CV customer because all it seems they care about is paying money to the dolans and taking care of MSG.

Well this time I see News Corp as being the bad guy more than Cablevision. Fox removed all of their sports stations off of Dish and by the end of the month Dish's contract is up with them too. And they have 3 times more subscribers than Cablevision. Murdoch is not known to be a nice man so I really think this time it is not CAblevision who is playing hardball. Good thing I am a Jets fan!

Good thing I am a Jets fan!

If the Jets host an NFC team on a Sunday afternoon, that team gets to choose which network the game is broadcast on, which would mean Fox. Not to say that the dispute will go on that long but you never know.

If the Jets host an NFC team on a Sunday afternoon, that team gets to choose which network the game is broadcast on, which would mean Fox. Not to say that the dispute will go on that long but you never know.

Uh, not exactly the rule. If the Jets host an NFC team on a Sunday afternoon, then the game is on Fox. If they play at an NFC team on Sunday afternoon, then its CBS. Sunday afternoon games are televised according to which conference the away team is from (NFC-Fox and AFC-CBS).

Uh, not exactly the rule. If the Jets host an NFC team on a Sunday afternoon, then the game is on Fox. If they play at an NFC team on Sunday afternoon, then its CBS. Sunday afternoon games are televised according to which conference the away team is from (NFC-Fox and AFC-CBS).

If the Jets host an NFC team on a Sunday afternoon, that team gets to choose which network the game is broadcast on, which would mean Fox.

What am I missing here?

If the Jets host an NFC team on a Sunday afternoon, that team gets to choose which network the game is broadcast on, which would mean Fox.

What am I missing here?

After rereading your original post, I understand what you're trying to say is the same thing I am saying. I guess where you went wrong is that the team doesn't get to "choose" which network the game is broadcast on, rather it "dictates" what network the game is on.

So will they ever get FOX 5 back? This is ridiculous. Its been nearly 2 weeks now. I guess WPIX will continue to enjoy a surge of 3 million plus viewers. Watching their lousy broadcast lol.

With November sweeps approaching, things might change soon. Although NYC is a people-meter market, "sweeps" periods are still used by local stations.

Also, I remember back in May 2000 when Time Warner pulled WABC, Disney/ABC claimed that it was against the law for a cable operator to pull a broadcast station during a sweeps period and asked the FCC to impose fines on Time Warner. Not sure what ever happened with that or if that was in fact the correct interpretation of the law.

per News 12 Long Island's Facebook page:

UPDATE: News Corp. has rejected Cablevision's latest offer in their stalemate over programming fees. Cablevision officials say they had agreed to pay the rate Fox charges Time Warner Cable for carriage of WNYW-Fox 5 New York and WTXF-Fox 29 Philadelphia for a period of one year. News Corp. pulled Fox 5 and My9 off the Cablevision system on Oct. 16. Stay with News 12 Long Island for more.

Cablevision wins! Anyone that pays the 9.95 to watch the world series on MLB.com will recieve a refund on their cable bill. Also anybody know how things are looking at this point between FOX and Dish Network??

FCC wants both parties to cut the crap and start talking on a deal: http://www.nytimes.com/2010/10/27/business/media/27cable.html?_r=2&src=twt&twt=NYTimesAd

Cablevision wins! Anyone that pays the 9.95 to watch the world series on MLB.com will recieve a refund on their cable bill. Also anybody know how things are looking at this point between FOX and Dish Network??

Well as far as the dispute with DISH goes, You can discuss about it and find out the latest by going to this thread.

http://www.packofseven.com/tvnt/showthread.php?t=7010

If DISH can't come up with a deal by this Monday November 1st, and if they join Cablevision in lacking FOX stations, then you can call that a real New York tragedy.

Archived