The new WPIX

Geoffrey

It is unfortunate that WPIX took two experienced trusted anchors and an excellent presentation and format and ruined it. The new set is very distracting, the graphics on the bottom of the screen are hard to read and very annoying, and the PIX11 graphic is too bright.

In addition, having an inexperienced news anchor stand in the middle of an office area, walk around, or be superimposed on the green screen is just painful to watch.

Doesn't the management there understand that those of us who watch the program watch it to get the days' local news. Is business so bad that they can't afford a new set?

Besides, Watkins and Tong worked extremely well together and their styles complimented each other and the entire news cast.

So, what are the choices at 10? This show or the fox channel with the exploding graphics and poor reporting?

Somebody needs to understand that the younger generation doesn't get there news here - just us middle aged folks who have enough money to patronize their sponsors.

My two cents!

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Well it has a signature, i've only heard it a couple of times, tonight I actually heard it all the way through. It's like 4 notes. You know the new Central Florida News 13 package? The signature sounded eerily similar.

The music package is by Transcenders Music Comp.

Archived