"Parker Spitzer" debuts from remodeled "Election Center" set

Weeters

CNN's new roundtable political discussion show debut this week from CNN's old Election Center set in New York City.

CNNpsafter.jpg

Image Courtesy CNN (http://www.facebook.com/parkerspitzer)

The "Parker Spitzer" "set" features a number of movable panels that cover over the existing set and incorporate the large existing rear projection screen into them. These panels create a round environment that works well with the roundtable format the show uses. It's a creative use of a set that already exists without the expense of building, designing and installing a completely new set, along with the possibility of having to overhaul the studio.

CNNbefore.jpg

The set as it appeared in 2008. You can see these monitors in another Parker Spitzer photo here. Photo courtesy of a friend of TVNT.

The panels were designed by Clickspring Design.

This looks like it might just be another Spitzer-style "set".

Also how are you getting those screencaps?!

I'm pretty sure some of the promos for ParkerSpitzer were filmed in it.

As for the caps, well...I made them myself?? If you're asking how I made them, I just use a 6-pin FireWire cable and connect it from my Comcast box into my Mac. I can't get YouTube-ready HD video out of it, but I can make HD caps.

I'm pretty sure some of the promos for ParkerSpitzer were filmed in it.

As for the caps, well...I made them myself?? If you're asking how I made them, I just use a 6-pin FireWire cable and connect it from my Comcast box into my Mac. I can't get YouTube-ready HD video out of it, but I can make HD caps.

Ah, that's what I was wondering. I can do that too but it's a hassle.

Archived