Dana and Jim ON Tonight (SUN 2/18/07)

NYNews

They are on tonight. Does this end some of your speculations (qwertywcbs) that WCBS is trying to get rid of Dana and Jim?

[added]

I must say that everything does seem better with Dana, Jim and John on, way better than Chris and Kristine.

Not just blurry but one of them also seems to have a blue tint added to it.

I'm not sure if this is it but I think it might be a filter to make the lights look like stars.

Glad to know that it wasn't just me that thought it was blurry.

And this week Wragge was not wearing a jacket or tie for the Sports Show...just a sweater! What is he trying to be, Gordy from The Mary Tyler Moore Show?

I actually have the noon newscast on right now. They just did a full body shot of him and he buttoned the bottom button of his suitcoat like a rube. Pity, beucase he looked so good otherwise. Oh so close, yet so far away.

Not just blurry but one of them also seems to have a blue tint added to it.

I'm not sure if this is it but I think it might be a filter to make the lights look like stars.

Glad to know that it wasn't just me that thought it was blurry.

Perhaps they may have forgotten to white balance the cameras. Usually the picture in the studio on newscasts are not tinted for an effect. I think it was just a mistake.

This does not end my speculation, but in fact it may be making it worse.

Kristine and Chris anchored after the Super Bowl and after the Grammy's.

Dana and Jim got to anchor after a delayed Without a Trace.

Why wouldn't the lead anchor team, where ratings matter most, get the gig after at least one of those big 2 events. 5pm ratings are up. I think even noon is up compared to Maurice and Cindy. Dana and Jim have no real motivators for their broadcasts (CBS primetime is not as strong as it used to be compared to ABC and NBC these days).

I'm convinced there's another big weekday shift coming up by the end of the year.

Archived