WCBS to get a new personality

NYNews

Newsbyte2 reports that Sean Hennessey from 7News Boston is heading the WCBS next month. The article posted made no mention of what his role is. Geoffrey pointed out that the article said that WCBS was "the No. 1 TV station in the Big Apple." I thought that was funny too. Do you guys think major changes are in store? I think there's a possibility of him coming here to be a weekend anchor.

While I don't know this guy, I'd love to see him anchor the weekend newscasts. I'd like to see Mary anchor with Chris forever, or until Kristine leaves and comes back from maternity leave.

Agreed, does everyone think that Mary Calvi will fill in for Kristine Johnson while she is on maternity leave? (My gut says no, but I hope so.) They'll probably have Kate Sullivan do noon and Dana Tyler do 5.

While I don't know this guy, I'd love to see him anchor the weekend newscasts. I'd like to see Mary anchor with Chris forever, or until Kristine leaves and comes back from maternity leave.

Agreed, does everyone think that Mary Calvi will fill in for Kristine Johnson while she is on maternity leave? (My gut says no, but I hope so.) They'll probably have Kate Sullivan do noon and Dana Tyler do 5.

I don't think they will have Mary fill in either. Probably once and a while when she should be there the whole time she's out on leave. I'm guessing Dana and 5 and Kate and noon also.

I think WCBS won't pick the same person/people daily for Kristine's replace. I feel every female at the station will fill in for Kristine at least once. Dana will be a lead along with Kate. Kate will do a couple of 5 pm's as well. I think Mary may fill in once a week or so, and I think Kirstin will have a heavy presence. I'd love to see Cindy take over for Kristine, putting her back in the newscasts she did with Ernie/Mike, but that won't happen, same as seeing Mary often won't happen either. WCBS doesn't want talent back in their previous anchor spots.

As a side note, I'd love to see Dana make a permanent shift into 5pm and away from 6. She's been in 6pm since she got a weekday anchor spot and WCBS more than a decade ago, and she's a lot better when she can be more loose like on 5pm show.

Did she announce when she's going on maternity leave?

Her biography has said March is her due date since she joined. So I would think she'd try to stay as long as possible given this is still a new job for her. She's definitely staying until the end of sweeps.

I'd like to see how Kristine does after she comes back from maternity leave and is there a little while. Pregnancy can really change a woman, so I'm wondering if she will change after she has the baby and comes back to work.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived