Oops! Action News Plays The Wrong Talent Rejoin

FJ2000

For the 5pm rejoin, they played a five year old voice over that said "Action News continues, with Scott Palmer, Dave Roberts, Lisa Thomas-Laury, and Marc Howard." The hilarious part being that Scott Palmer retired, Dave Roberts doesn't work the 5:30 shift anymore, and Marc Howard is at KYW. Rick Williams stumbled a bit I noticed when he noticed the error. Very hilarious.

Apparently stations don't clear out their files as quickly as we think. I know WPSG, last year at the end of a Dr. Phil show, proceeded to show a five-year old lineup promo that proudly boasted that Moesha was up next, complete with that era's UPN 57 logo.

WDJT hasn't used Third Coast since 2004 (I think, too lazy to check NMSA) but the now unlicensed package still pops up from time to time. (Used to be the AM close until last year.)

Archived