Help! Can\'t Access the Website from Home

I have been having trouble accessing this website from home. Every time I attempt to access it, A Gateway page with \"Sorry, we couldn\'t find http://www.tvnewstalk.net/. Here are some related websites:\" pops up.

Right now, I am using a proxy server and I was able to access it.

Can anyone help me with this?

If running Windows:

Buy a real computer, or download a real operating system.

If on a Mac:

Reset whatever browser you're using.

If running Linux:

The problem's on the server side. Nothing on your computer could conceivably be wrong.

That sounds like spyware to me. I used to have the same exact problem. If you're using Internet Explorer, try upgrading to version 7 and browsing in "protected mode," or switch to Firefox. Try to ensure that you have downloaded and installed Windows Defender and that it's actively protecting your computer. Run a deep scan in Defender and in your anti-virus program of choice. (If you don't have either, Microsoft offers Defender free for Genuine Windows customers, and GrisSoft AVG Anti Virus is a good free choice for home users.)

I recommend Spybot-Search and Destroy. It has worked well for me so far in getting rid of spyware. I have also had that same problem and I know how you feel. Hope this helps.

http://www.download.com/Spybot-Search-Destroy/3000-8022_4-10122137.html

That is a VERY good program. I highly recommend it.

I've been having the same problem. For the past three weeks or so, I haven't been able to access this site from school, though it works on my roommate's computer just fine. I'm at home now it's working again.

It all started just as other people were having issues, only mine continue to persist.

Got in to the website today. Something that I did fixed the problem.

I downloaded IE 7

I ran Spybot (I already had downloaded it in the past, I agree that it is a great program).

I ran AdAware

I ran McAfee and upgraded to a newer version.

Thank you all for your help. I truly appreciate it!

• 1 month later...

I've been having the same problem. For the past three weeks or so, I haven't been able to access this site from school, though it works on my roommate's computer just fine. I'm at home now it's working again.

It all started just as other people were having issues, only mine continue to persist.

I still can't access the site from home.

Archived