New set coming to ABC News

news24-7

It looks really nice and bright-reminds me of NBC's set kind of. I like it, it's much less cavernous.

I assume we'll see it in action at 2:58 during the ABC News Update.

It looks like they reused the chairs they already had in the studio.. Except it looks like Diane now has a less comfortable chair than her old one. I'm guessing her old chair was just too large for the new desk.

The 2 desks on each side of the main anchor desk look like they were just picked up at Ikea or Target.

I am having a really hard time liking the network sets that have been introduced recently. They all look so "sterile" for lack of a better term... almost like a cleanroom where Intel would make computer chips or something. It doesn't seem like a true newsroom atmosphere. IMO the similarities between all of them show a lack of creativity. It's almost like you could take ABC's, NBC's & CNN's sets and put them all in one big studio and they would flow together quite well into one big supercleanroom-newsroom.

(PICS & VIDEO): New set coming to ABC News

Here's the beginning & end of Monday's broadcast showing off the new anchor set in TV-3.

[yt]a-MzlWMFvQw[/yt]

Also below are 8 framegrabs of the TV-3 studio.

wnHD-Set01_001.thumb.jpg.7461d0bbfa83215e924152a48a50d536.jpg

wnHD-Set02_001.thumb.jpg.f976843640d890bb4fdceb92e6892751.jpg

wnHD-Set03_001.thumb.jpg.1021a87666d6c074d340bc50daab04a0.jpg

wnHD-Set04_001.thumb.jpg.f6a4adcf29a2137cc8515502ffd8e5be.jpg

wnHD-Set05_001.thumb.jpg.2a67d6789bbe6ed620731fe2bd39368b.jpg

wnHD-Set06_001.thumb.jpg.05d0ba85d4145a97b3689c640e5fb1cc.jpg

wnHD-set07_001.thumb.jpg.718260487ec81f86cf9aa7fdf8edb14d.jpg

wnHD-set08_001.thumb.jpg.82ed2a32abdc95050b01c049296cacc3.jpg

Very sleek and refreshing.

If they remove that 4:3 panel on the left of the set, this could be the set that incorporates the best of the last three sets: the Jennings newsroom, the last Jennings set and the Gibson/Sawyer set.

What 4:3 panel?

Also, is it my imagination or did the background flicker at one point when she was introducing the top story?

And, just out of curiosity, what's with the staffer whose much smaller desk is right next to Diane? Is there a reason he's there? [i haven't watched the longer videos on ABC's site.]

Also, is it my imagination or did the background flicker at one point when she was introducing the top story?

And, just out of curiosity, what's with the staffer whose much smaller desk is right next to Diane? Is there a reason he's there? [i haven't watched the longer videos on ABC's site.]

The producer or writer or whomever have been sitting, just off camera, beside the desk since the last Jennings-era newsroom set (stage right, attachment.php?attachmentid=804&d=1282205703).

On the Gibson set, their desk was actually built into the floor of the desk platform (again stage right,

attachment.php?attachmentid=802&d=1282192891.

You can forget about that reference.

Yes, it "took a hit" as we call it. Something happened with the rendering of that animation/loop or the actual machine (DDR) that plays that animation.

Those desks are for the writers of the show... they are hooked up to the TV-2 control room with headsets in case we need editorial changes or breaking news (per the senior producers) ... they are also monitoring ABC News' wire services (AP/REUTERS) using iNews and ABC Newscenter. They can print a hard copy script to give to the stage manger for Diane when needed.

I think ABC's trademark has been to include the produces/writers into the set. However, in the 1998 set (:38) they appeared to the viewer to be much more integral, as opposed to being confused (now) as possibly being a robocam operator at a highschool computer lab desk.

my favorite WNT open. My favorite hidden joke, at :09 revised scripts go into a Top Hat.

[yt]VFTW0mXZjAA[/yt]

Archived