"Nobody" predicted right! KGO now in HD!

KKyuubi

This isn't the first time I heard KGO will be starting HD news over the weekend. I've also heard it from a source inside the newsroom, so I think it just might be true. Unfortunately, I'm in San Diego this weekend (taking in HD news on KFMB, which looks pretty good when the audio is going OK), so I won't be able to verify for sure.

Err. . . then I guess it's up to me to keep my eyes glued to KGO this weekend to verify.

A while back, someone leaked some video of KGO's new HD graphics package on YouTube, but is has since been pulled. In the clip, the font was still Eurostile, and there was an emphasis on the current colors -- blue and silver with red accents.

IMHO, not as impressive as KTVU's package, but we'll see this weekend whether any tweaks are made, or if they're ringing in something completely new.

My question for Mr. Keeshan (and the board) is: what's the difference between a HD "soft launch" and a "hard launch"?

Folks, we're broadcasting in High Definition tonight.

As promised, my eyes were glued to KGO's broadcasts this evening, and the 5PM show was in HD. Now, I suspect that the Saturday morning show was also done in HD, but I wasn't able to catch that.

Music is still the same, the gfx package looks similar to the one that was leaked with a few minor tweaks (the circle seven logo is much bolder looking) and the corner bug has an orange "HD" attached to the lower right hand corner.

There is a new background image that's being projected behind the anchors, which I *think* is live feed from their roof camera overlooking San Francisco Bay and the Embarcadero.

But yes, there are now two stations in the Bay Area now in HD.

Archived