NY Service Provider Poll - What TV Service Do YOU Have?

Vlad

What Television Service Are You Currently Suscirbed To?  

15 members have voted

1. 1. What Television Service Are You Currently Suscirbed To?

• TimeWarner Cable
    • Cablevision / iO Digital Cable
    • Verizon FiOS
    • DIRECTV
    • Dish Network
    • Comcast (UPSTATE NY)
    • AT&T U-Verse
    • NONE - Free Over The Air (OTA Antenna)

This type of post was never done before, and it would be cool and interesting to know just what service everyone here in the Tri-State Area suscribes to. Some of the services listed below may or may not be available in your area or even in the Tri-State Area at all, I just posted them anyway and of course if you are not suscribed to any of the services, we have the reliable OTA option as well, who can forget about that?

TimeWarner Cable

Cablevision / iO Digital Cable

Comcast

Verizon FiOS

AT&T U-Verse

DIRECTV

Dish Network

None - OTA Antenna

Anyway I had Cablevision and recently switched to Verizon FiOS. Overall both services are very similar, biggest differences are the speed. Verizon FiOS is the fastest all around and currently offers the best value, anyway I'm satisfied, only gripes I have is News 12 and News 12 Traffic and Weather, but hey thats the sacrifice one has to pay if they want to move into the future.

I'm not sure if it's only fir TWC but I live in rockland county so I wouldn't get NY1 anyway

Actually, I had relatives that had TWC and lived in Orange County and got NY1 News, so I would imagine that since you live closer to the city that you would get NY1.

As for me, the relatives I stay with a lot in New York have Cablevision.

An observation from a New Jerseyian relocated to Oklahoma. Why do you limit the Comcra... er, Comcast selection to Upstate NY only? You're leaving out all of the areas in NJ that Comcra... er, Comcast scre... er, serves. If I was back in Ocean County, I couldn't correctly vote in this poll.

But then, we in (or from) New Jersey are used to the snub. However, the New Yorkers who have invade... er, relocated to New Jersey might be a bit more annoyed.

Archived