TVNT is 9!

I started posting here around late '05, and I recall talking about certain things such as dreading the ABC News theme would change after Peter Jennings' passing (thank God it hasn't changed) to how accurate the NMSA really is (and as I've learned, don't take everything you see or hear as 100% gospel; I don't, but sometimes I do question the accuracy without saying "This is accurate, that's not accurate", etc.)

• 11 months later...
  • 10 months later...

I've been lurking and/or posting for most of that. I remember a thread from 2002 from when WMAR changed logos and graphics to the TVbD bright blue-yellow look and switched from Counterpoint to Convergence. No, really.

July 25, 2001 is the anniversary of the forum, which started under the name "The Local News Discussion" on Yahoo! Clubs, later moving to MSN Groups, then to other miscellaneous forum softwares and serves. Changed names to TVNewsTalk.net in or around 2004.

Not sure how successful it is now compared to what it was from around 2004-2008. Seemed like traffic was a lot heavier then.

Not sure how successful it is now compared to what it was from around 2004-2008. Seemed like traffic was a lot heavier then.

We were young, enthusiastic whipper snappers then. Now we're old, grouchy and jaded ;)

Archived