TVNT is 9!

As of tomorrow (July 25th), TVNewsTalk.net will be 9 years old! Amazing! Nine years ago, some guy named David started up a Yahoo! Group titled "The Local News Discussion" and the rest was history! 9 years later, we're still going strong (Minus David, who retired, and, following a sex change, has taken up residence in a rural part of Marion, Indiana.)

To celebrate, we've installed a special theme on the site! The "TVNT Classic" theme is modeled after the default PHPBB theme, which was the first theme and forum software TVNT used back when it "officially" became TVNewsTalk back in 2004. Act fast! This theme will not last long!

We would like to hear your favorite TVNT memory! Share it with us below!

:party:

So Dylan is Avaerine Nieves or however you spell that?

I remember when she first came up here, in 2006. I was but a lurker then.

I also remember when Big Shooter had the Mr. Ratburn avatar, and when Weeters was WITI6fan, and... wow, I retained a lot of stuff!

So Dylan is Avaerine Nieves or however you spell that?

I remember when she first came up here, in 2006. I was but a lurker then.

I also remember when Big Shooter had the Mr. Ratburn avatar, and when Weeters was WITI6fan, and... wow, I retained a lot of stuff!

Dylan is most certainly not Aeverine.

Guest NewsHound

Happy Birthday TVNewsTalk. Just installed the new "old theme" and I like it a lot. The forum is cleaner to read than the newer look IMHO. :)

I'm still here after all these years.. Under the same name too, Lazynetjunkie.

So is having a voiceover congratulating us for 9 years in the budget?

I think I still have that Al Vanik 4 year TVNT thing synced up to a cut from CBS2WFY in my computer somewhere..

Even though I signed up here in 2006, I was still occasionally checking out the forum prior to that. But here are the things I remember the most.

All the Ava Nieves Threads

The chatroom

The Pack of Seven

The 3 Troublemakers (I think you know who they were)

The WABC Fire

The Dave Lampstein Newscast (I knew that was a long time ago, but I thought it was funny as hell)

The TVNewsTalk/TVNewsOnline merger

That's about it.

Oh yeah, I remember that screenshot site "merging" with this one (which never happened). In fact, that's what brought me here!

I also remember the April Fools Day 2006 prank that the site had shut down, and when the Shoutbox was the NO EMOTION BOX.

Haha those were the days, back in 2001 when this started, hard to believe its been 9 years already. I remember purposely joining TVNT because I was such a huge news junkie and yes I was one of those so-called WABC Fanboys, lol, and I'm still going strong with my favorite circle 7 logo haha, although I stopped watching WABC and pretty much all local news, lol. I always check in from time to time to see whats up. Thanks to Dylan we're still here, BTW is Dylan still around? Those were the good old days, hopefully we'll still be around for another 10 more years i'm hoping, 2021 maybe? :)

Just a few of the Biggest Moments and other Stuff That I Remember Over The Past 9 Years:

- 2004 WABC Set

- 2007 WABC Fire

- Aeverine Nieves

- Joe Duncan and DayStar Fiasco

- Pack Of Seven (Does That Still Exist?)

- The Big Nasty Brawl between nyviewer and cfif

- The Pyburn Issue "I like those Pyburns that WNBC has..."

- Some Argument Way Back that forced Dylan to leave TVNT

- SBN 2 EYEWITNESS NEWS (It will be relaunched someday, I just don't know when)

- The Pick One Thread

- Random Weekly Polls

- Eyewitness News New Generation (The Most Demanded and Anticipated News Package)

- 615 Music

- The explosive conversations we had when we had the temporary forum about the politics during the Presential Election Era (2008)

I'll post more when I remember, lol.

Haha those were the days, back in 2001 when this started, hard to believe its been 9 years already. I remember purposely joining TVNT because I was such a huge news junkie and yes I was one of those so-called WABC Fanboys, lol, and I'm still going strong with my favorite circle 7 logo haha, although I stopped watching WABC and pretty much all local news, lol. I always check in from time to time to see whats up. Thanks to Dylan we're still here, BTW is Dylan still around? Those were the good old days, hopefully we'll still be around for another 10 more years i'm hoping, 2021 maybe? :)

Just a few of the Biggest Moments and other Stuff That I Remember Over The Past 9 Years:

- 2004 WABC Set

- 2007 WABC Fire

- Aeverine Nieves

- Joe Duncan and DayStar Fiasco

- Pack Of Seven (Does That Still Exist?)

- The Big Nasty Brawl between nyviewer and cfif

- The Pyburn Issue "I like those Pyburns that WNBC has..."

- Some Argument Way Back that forced Dylan to leave TVNT

- SBN 2 EYEWITNESS NEWS (It will be relaunched someday, I just don't know when)

- The Pick One Thread

- Random Weekly Polls

- Eyewitness News New Generation (The Most Demanded and Anticipated News Package)

- 615 Music

- The explosive conversations we had when we had the temporary forum about the politics during the Presential Election Era (2008)

I'll post more when I remember, lol.

Don't forget the WABC SUPERSET!!!

I'm still around... been working in the business for a couple years now. Could not be any less interested in this site...

Also: I'm not Ava. I still do get a laugh out of he/she/it's Facebook fanpage.

I hope you all still enjoy this site now. It sucks, in my opinion. It was awesome like six years ago, but it has lost a lot of its charm.

I remember this: WNBC Watch (when WNBC was getting a new look back in '03)

Pack of Seven was cool, then really lame... reminded me of high school or grade school. Beginning of the end for me.

Has anyone around here been around since July '01? I can think of a few...

Jestbiteme and Weeters run the site now. They do a good job.

That's all for me. See ya.

9 years already? That makes me feel ancient.

For whatever reason, the first things that come to my mind are "What does your copyright say?" and "WKBW's switching to 'I Came to Work'".

Biggest moments and other stuff that I remember...

The WABC fire a few years ago.

Aeverine Nieves

The Stephen Arnold/SESAC thing

New station group news themes (whether you love 'em or hate 'em)

Random weekly polls

KWQC dropped Hello News, then brought it back after 8 weeks of using U-Phonix.

The passings of KTRK's Marvin Zindler, WRC's George Michael, and others.

WLUC dropped its rainbow 6 logo (still a big mistake, IMO)

The fashion disaster thread

Ntropolis talked about a WTKR reporter (who's also a TVNT member) and got in trouble. Can't believe I still remember that.

Cfif's ongoing "WTVR, put the effing eye in the logo" (They're not gonna do it. So there.)

That's about it for now...

I joined the site in late-2006 when the forums were on SMFForFree. One of the things I remembered during those times was when we once had a dedicated section to the smallest DMA in the country: Glendive, Montana, and proceeded into making fun of that market in every way possible.

Fun times.

Some of the moments that stuck out to me included:

1. WTKR watch (when we had a lengthy thread offering "suggestions" on how to improve the Norfolk bottom-feeder only for 'TKR to turn around)

2. The SESAC issue

3. KQWC switching to U-Phonix for all of 2 months

4. The WHDH/NBC dispute over the ill-advised Jay Leno show

5. Showdown 2008 (the election thread)

6. The death of people like George Michael (didn't say a whole lot when that occured with his passing on Christmas Eve)

7. The video threads

8. Briefly seeing threads pertaining to Aeverine Nieves

9. Pick One (probably buried on page 3 again)

Happy birthday to TVNT!!!

Archived