Another WABC Dispute

nynewslover

I heard this is going on across the country. And it's not just WABC that's affected, a couple of their sister stations as well as the ESPN Networks are affected as well.

And for all you Time Warner customers out there, here's a link to the website that Disney has recently launced regarding the dispute.

http://www.ihavechoices.com

I don't think this is a big deal, because don't all these situations end in the same way? Both sides get viewers rattled up and in the end there's going to be a a compromise just before or shortly after the time deadline.

This is a bit offopic, and is just a personal opinion I have, but this was partly the reason for me leaving cable. I dropped Cablevision about 2 weeks ago, I know this is about Time Warner this time around, but Time Warner and Cablevision pretty much is the same thing when it comes to the services they offer. First of all their product is not superior as the other competitors, their boxes and on screen guides are such a miserable joke, they are horrible and incredibly slow, frequent drops in quality, inexplicable loss of service, random internet crashes. The STB GUI for Cablevision is something that looks like we're in the 1980s, lol. The only thing thats good about Cablevision and Time Warner is their outlandish perks, in effort to keep their customers. And they do this by offering a constant barage of promotions rewards, Free WiFi, etc which is good, for those who are happy with what they have and are satisfied. But I wasn't satisfied. I had them for quite some time, we had them from 1991 to 2000 and then switched to DIRECTV in 2000 and left for cable once again in 2004. I simply got tired of dealing with the constant tech support and loss of service and horrible laggy cable boxes. I prefer to pay for something that I'm completely satisfied with and FiOs was the answer, sure they are extremely expensive, after the 2 year sign-in and its back to the regular prices, but you truly get what you pay for with them in terms of the picture quality, the technology, and etc.. I'd rather pay more for something that is much faster, responsive.

Sure Verizon is a big name company and not as local, we don't get News 12 or NY 1, FiOs 1 is surely a joke and basically sucks in all retrospects and is nowhere near News 12 or NY1, but they are trying to keep customers happy. Hell, they can be really nasty to customers sometimes, lol especially when it comes to the bill, and their customer service isn't the best out there unlike Cablevision not sure about TimeWarner, but in the end, I'd rather pay for a service where I dont' have to worry about channels being cut off all of the time and worry about incredibly slow STBs (Set Top Boxes), and the loss of HD and sound skips. Since I switched to FiOS 2 weeks ago, never had a problem with anything smooth sailing so far.

Archived