Jeff Kaye out at WPVI-TV

stevieboy247

[yt]bNB4ydrtRxg[/yt]

For the first time since at least the early 1980s, WPVI is not using the voice of Jeff Kaye to open Delaware Valley's Leading News Program. Jeff's voice had been sadly decaying markedly in recent years; his most recent voiceover recordings were pulled off air after less than one week.

The voice of Charlie Van Dyke now accompanies the familiar strains of Move Closer To Your World. I gotta admit I was skeptical of the prospect of having Van Dyke do the opens; but I have to say, he sounds really good here and his voice does fit the tone of the music. It's a marked improvement from what they've been using since 1999.

The new recordings appear to use the same talent lineup as the aborted open attempts from February. Rick Williams, Monica Malpass, and Cecily Tynan are named for the 5pm open and 5:30 rejoin, while it's just Jim Gardner named for the 6. (Note that all of them are off tonight...)

No word on what they're gonna do at 6.

Archived