WGN Evening News from the newsroom?

Spring Rubber

Really? Cause WBBM uses the same radar.

They both have WSI computers. I believe WFLD has it too (I know they have a WSI system because WITI's meteorologists trained there when they got theirs), so if their Power Doppler (Running on software that looks a lot like the VIPIR system...) fails, they have a backup. It's not something that's exclusive to the market.

By HD-friendly, I mean bigger desk, HD monitors, and a bigger, cozy interview area.

You must be forgetting about Tribune's recent cash issues. I think paying salaries is much more important then a new pretty set for you to be excited over for a day. I'm sure the lenders would love it, too.

You must be forgetting about Tribune's recent cash issues. I think paying salaries is much more important then a new pretty set for you to be excited over for a day. I'm sure the lenders would love it, too.
Then where did Tribune get the money to get a new set for KTLA?

Maybe the money's there but WGN's management doesn't want a new set...

Also, I think it's nice to see that WGN still employs camera operators and a full control room instead of buying robotics and automation. Just think how much they could have for a new set and for an unnecessary weather radar upgrade if they laid off a bunch of people.

Then where did Tribune get the money to get a new set for KTLA?

We're talking about "the main affiliate" here, who's newscasts can be seen nationally...by all the stock holders. They want revenue, and they pinch every penny and don't want to spend any more then they have to.

KTLA could have had capital budget for a new set, but WGN recently went HD - maybe that was where their money was spent.

When it's dealing with a corporation, you have to think of $$$ rather then the image of the station. As important as the image is to us, it's not QUITE as important to the shareholders - unless the station really looks like a shit hole.

We're talking about "the main affiliate" here, who's newscasts can be seen nationally...by all the stock holders. They want revenue, and they pinch every penny and don't want to spend any more then they have to.

KTLA could have had capital budget for a new set, but WGN recently went HD - maybe that was where their money was spent.

When it's dealing with a corporation, you have to think of $$$ rather then the image of the station. As important as the image is to us, it's not QUITE as important to the shareholders - unless the station really looks like a shit hole.

Don't forget, If you have Dish Network, KTLA, KWGN, WPIX, WWOR, and WSBK can be seen nationally, too.

• 2 weeks later...

Tonight they have Tom Negovan and Michah Matterre anchoring the Evening News, and they omitted the talent bumper at the end of the first segment. Are Mark and Lourdes simply off, or were some changes made? Is it normal for WGN to omit the talent bump when the normal anchors are off?

Tonight they have Tom Negovan and Michah Matterre anchoring the Evening News' date=' and they omitted the talent bumper at the end of the first segment. Are Mark and Lourdes simply off, or were some changes made? Is it normal for WGN to omit the talent bump when the normal anchors are off?[/quote']

Yes, WGN normally omits that when both main anchors are off.

Oh, wow. Some washed out purple pictures of Chicago is their set? Glad I didn't see that when I was there.

Noticed this earlier:

14uvtwg.jpg

HOLY SHIT THE SET WTSP LAUNCHED IN HD WITH USES THE SAME CONCEPT!!1!!one!!1!

Archived