02/14 Snow Storm Coverage

IceManNYR

Well thats what expected from every station here in New York. Its really their way of getting viewers as it is the Sweeps period. They intentionally try to make the biggest deal about a little snowstorm only bringing about 3 inches at most to the city when this city of course has had a storm 10 times worse especially around this time last year. They did it last year with the first snowfall and they will do it much worse this year.

-Vlad

Then I would expect WCBS to be on at 2am then.

With Chris Wragge and Kristine Johnson anchoring.

haha. that actually made me laugh.

But, Dana said at 6 that Kate and Maurice will be on at 4am.

That won't help them though. I prefer weather.com to John Elliott's forecast.

Good thing WNBC brought in John Marshall to help out Janice Huff with the potential 3 inches of snow!!

I am thankful that at least they aren't breaking into the programming, but rather thecommercialsl to show updates.

Yeah, Heidi Jones had to come in today to help counting the inches of snow, too. I understand why they're doing this. It's sweeps, they want ratings, so you can't blame them...also people care about the snow... I remember waking up early in high school staring at the crawl to see if school was cancelled... that said, it is annoying/overkill.

I don't think all the coverage is really for the snow...the main concern in some areas is an ice build-up prompting an "ice storm warning" for parts of the NYC viewing area.

Yes in a way it is a serious situation, I am kinda contradicting what I said earlier, but now that storm is over, it makes sense that they did this because it is an Ice Storm, and ice storms are typically a lot more dangerous and much more serious than a Snowstorm is. So it made sense that they informed us as much as they could on this extremely dangerous situation. With snow there is cars have some traction, with ice, there is no traction at all.

-Vlad

Yes, I did catch Lou Young falling in the snow. A good samaritan tried to help him, but he was able to get up by himself.

They also re-aired it later in that same 11pm newscast and had a nice chuckle about it, since Lou was a good sport. Dana and Jim said that Lou allowed them to re-air it...haha.

Archived